Chapter 1: Ari's First Pokemon

It was just a normal day in the peaceful Unova reigon. I was staring out the window of my bedroom thinking while I was waiting for Professor Juniper to bring three starter pokemon to my house for me and my three friends to choose from as our first pokemon. My friends are Cheren, who can be a bit full of himself sometimes, and Bianca, a quick tempered girl full of enerygy. Oh, and me? My name is Ari. And I want to be the best trainer and friend with pokemon. And after 9 years of waiting, the time has finally come. I'm finally on my way to be the best trainer in the Unova Region!

"Ari, are you here?" a voice said. 

"No. What do you think?!" I said in a sarcastic voice. 

It was Cheren. He was supposed to come here with Bianca to wait for our pokemon. But apparently Bianca wasn't with him. 

"Where's Bianca?" I asked. 

"I don't know. Late again, I guess," Cheren replied back. 

"ARI!! CHEREN!! The package with your pokemon is HERE!" said my Mom from downstairs who apparently had to yell so louldly. I thought I told her not to yell so loudly because it hurts me ears. Oh well... 

"Alright! I'll come and get the package!" I awnswered back. 

I ran downstairs and back up in about 15 seconds without breaking a sweat. Oh, and did I mention, I'm a very good runner and gymnast. Anyways, I brought the package back up to my room and put it on my desk and then me and Cheren whent back to waiting for Bianca to show up. Three minutes had passed until I heard a voice. 

"I'm very sorry that I'm late. So sorry. Very sorry, please forgive me," a voice said. 

"Bianca. I've known you for 10 years and you still have no sense of time" Cheren exclaimed. 

"Well, since we're all here, why don't we pick our first pokemon," I said. 

"Ok. And since they were delivered to Ari's house first, she should get first pick. Right Cheren?" Bianca asked. 

"Naturally," replied Cheren. 

"Alright then. I guess I will pick," I said. 

I gingerly unwraped the big green silky bow. Then I opened the lid of the deep purple box. I was nervous. Like, my palms were sweating nervous. But I was also excited too. When I opened the lid, a card fell off of it. It read,

"I've brought three pokemon, one for you and one for each of your friends. Please settle your choices politely. 

Enjoy your Pokemon! -Professor Juniper" 

After finnishing reading the letter, I looked at the three polished PokeBalls. They glimmered in the light of the sunlight from the window. I saw a Pokemon inside of each of them. And there were labels on each of the Poke Balls too. One said Snivy the grass type. Another said Tepig the fire type. And the last one said Oshawott the water type. I looked at the three pokemon through the Poke Balls and they looked at me back. It was so hard to choose between them. They all looked like they would make great partners, but I could only choose one. So I looked and concentrated on  them. I stared for a few more seconds and thought this, "Only one can be my partner. One who is willing to help me  complete my journey through the Unova region. One who has strength, kindness, and potential too." 

I looked at them one last time and picked the Poke Ball to the right. I looked at Oshawott and it looked back at me. And I knew that we would have a long lasting friendship that would never be broken. 

"Ok, that's settled then," said Bianca, "I'll pick Tepig then. Cheren, you can have Snivy. I mean, you two do look like twins after all."

"Bianca why do you have to pick my pokemon? Oh alright. I did want Snivy in the first place though," replied Cheren.