Chapter 15: Believe

It was a bit cold even though Spring was already here, I still had to put on my scarf. I let Archie out of his Poke Ball and started to go find the gym. I was going around a corner until I heard someone calling my name. I turned around and I saw Iris who was running up to me with her Fraxture right behind her. 

"Hi Iris! What brings you here?" I asked. 

"I live here!" 

"Well, what do you need then?" 

"I want you to come with me and meet Drayden. We have something to tell you more about the Light Stone." 

"Ok, well, show me where you want to go." 

Iris led me to a neighborhood near the Pokemon Center. It had some tall houses and there weren't very many people outside of their homes. 

"Hey Iris, why aren't there many people around here?" 

"Well, its because they're becoming afraid that Team Plasma will come and take their Pokemon away so they're staying inside to protect them." 

"Ok, but they shouldn't be hiding, they shouldn't even be afraid to fight either." 

"Yeah, I try telling them that but they don't listen to me because even though I'm almost as strong a Drayden, they'll only listen to him because he's the Gym Leader and mayor." 

"Well, that's to bad. Oh, when will we get there,"I asked. 

"Well, we are almost there. It'll take us a few more minutes to get there.." 

As we rounded the corner, we passed by an alley that had a few little kids and some small pokemon. They looked like they hadn't eaten in days, so I reached out of my bag and pulled out a few apples and some pokemon food. I went over to them and said, "Hey, you don't have to be afraid. Here, you can have this food." 

They ran up, grabbed the food, and took off further into the alley. 

"Must be a tough neighborhood. Why do you and Drayden live here?" 

"We live here so we can keep our eyes on the people who have the most difficulty living here in our city. Oh, hey, we're almost there," said Iris excitedly. 

We turned around a corner and the neighborhood changed. It looked like a whole different time. The houses were all connected like apartmanet buildings and all of them looked like they had been built a long time ago. I never imagined a place like this still existed. I thought Iris would live in a mansion but instead, it was a brownstonet. The steps were connected to the sidewalk. There was a metal fence on the sides of the stairs. The door looked a bit different than normal. I looked at all of the other apartments that only seemed to be on this street and no other street. 

"Hey Iris, why are these apartments look so different on this street and all of the other apartments don't look anything like  this?" I asked. 

"Drayden told me that this was the only neighborhood in Opelucid City before he was born. So after he was born, they changed the art style of how they built the apartments and houses." 

"Oh, that makes sense why this neighborhood is so secluded from the rest of the city. So, they're basically hiding the past or keeping it safe from the outside world," 

"That is correct. That is why I chose to live here, so I could learn more about the past," said a deep voice. 

I noticed that there was a tall man with a huge pokemon that looked to be a bit taller than him. He had a white beard that covered his mouth and chin. 

"Are y-you Drayden?" I studdered. 

"Yes, please come in." 

He walked through the door frame and past the open door that both appeared to be made of solid wood. 

"Come on," Iris said and grabbed my hand and walked me through the door. 

The room was a bit dark and there were black and white dragon statues on either side of the hallway that led to the livingroom. I shuddered, and Archie seemed to be a bit scared too. Drayen was the gym leader but there was a vibe that he and his pokemon gave off that scared me a bit. I walked into the living room and sat down next to Iris on the couch. There was a window that looked outside and I could see the gym. I guess this neighborhood wasn't so secluded as I thought.

Outside the window, I didn't see as much activity outside as I thought there would be. I noticed that Drayden and his pokemon were on the other side of the room. I checked the Pokedex to see what pokemon it was. It said it was a Haxorus and it had the power to cut through steel with its powerful tusks. 

"I see that you are a Pokedex holder Ari. Iris told me a lot about what you did in Castelia City. I also know that you are after your last gym badge. But first, I must tell you a little more about the Light Stone." 

"Ok, but, why must you tell me more about it?" 

"I've studied its history and if you are the chosen one, then Reshiram will recognize you as the Hero of Truth and awaken. Also, Reshiram was inraged in two battles about 3,000 years ago. It, along with Zekrom, destroyed Unova and another region, that we have no information about its whereabouts, with lighting and fire. But that's all we know about it other than the first hero's sons started the war again. How it ended was unknown except that it caused Reshiram and Zekrom to turn to stone." 

It was so much to take in and I felt like I was living the story somehow. 

"Well, that's all Iris and I know. And since you're here to challenge the Gym Leader, which is me, meet me at the Opelucid City gym tomorrow. You can stay the night here if you wish,"he said as he went upstairs. 

"If you're going to stay here tonight, I'll show you the guest bedroom," Iris said. 

"Sure, I'd like that. Thank you," I said. 

"No problem! I'll show you the room." 

Iris led me up the stairs that were spiraling up. The led to a hallway with six rooms, two on one side of the stairs and the four others on the other side where the enterance to the brownstone would be. One of the rooms was the trainer's room for Iris' trainers, one was Drayden's, another Iris', then there were two other guest bedrooms. All of the rooms had their own bathrooms and closets. Iris led me to the room that was at the end of the hallway across from her room.

She opened the door and it looked like a small hotel room, but it had a good view of the gym and part of the city. The bed was in the middle of the room not right next to the window and the window was on the opposite side of the room. The bathroom was across the room from the bed and the closet was on the opposite side of the bed from the window.

"Do you like it? It's the only other room than mine that had a good view,"Iris said. 

"I love it! I'd love to stay here tonight!" I exclaimed. 

"Okay, see you later." 

I set my things down and stared out the window. There was a bench connected to the window, so I sat on it. As I watched the sky change from day to night, I thought about tomorrow's Gym Battle. How would it turn out? Would I win and go to the Pokemon League? Or would I loose and train until I would finally beat Drayden. I guess I would find out tomorrow.