The Devil Himself

Justice's P.O.V

I sat there, in the fold of his arms. His caramel covered fingertips tracing circles on the back of my hand. Just his touch had my heart racing, and You'd think that nothing happened today. The tree which had brought us together once before officially sprayed us with it's maple scent making me crave pancakes. The tears seemed to stop, and although he didn't reply, he listened. Daniel was holding me, and being the shoulder to cry on, and the ear to listen. Who'd ever thought the arrogant boy and I would be here, like this.? The same one that I never got along with. "Do you believe us?" He finally spoke slightly above a murmur. "What?" I asked with furrowed eyebrows.  "Do you believe Jacob did the things we said at the table?" He asked. There was a long silence.

Did I? Did I believe them, or did I just give them the benefit of the doubt? Was I using my heart or my head to answer this. As I felt the tears falling once again, my face slightly burning, a feeling I've gotten quite used to by now, I spoke. "Yes. Yes I believe you" I stated. He only nodded not sure of what to say.

As an attempt to turn my head, it fell right in his chest, and no matter how strong the Maple scent was, it couldn't become more dominant than his scent of axe and a good night's sleep. I raised my head up casually trying to not make things awkward. "It's Fine. It felt good there any ways" He stated. Thank God for my completion, or the heat I felt rise to my cheeks would be visible. Not knowing what to do, I softly laid my head back in in his chest. Afraid to look at his reaction, I just stared at the small kids on the playground. Suddenly, I felt his chuckle vibrate through my body. "You make things so complicated Justice" He stated. As a smile attempted to leave my mouth I simply said "Un huh, Whatever"  Without hesitation, his finger tips dug into my sides making the shrieks and giggles escape my mouth. Adrenaline started pumping through my veins . "Stop Daniel. Stop!!" I squealed. "Un Huh, Whatever" He repeated, amusement evident in his voice He stopped a second, letting me catch my breath. "Tell me i'm your best friend" He said. I thought for a second. "But Ray wouldn't be too fond of that" I stated. He began to grip my neck slightly making my shoulders rise up. The heat of his hands making the crooks of my neck get insanely ticklish. "Say it." He replied. "You are" I said. He stopped for a second, and cupped his ear with his hand while wrapping the other one around me making sure I didn't move. "You are" I mumbled. "Are what?" He asked. I grunted at the fact I couldn't be serious, and my smile gave me away. "You are my best friend" I said cordially. "Who? The tree?" He asked. I rolled my eyes at his playfulness. "The Asshole in front of me" I said as I began to chuckle at my own response. Before he could even touch me, I clasped my hands with his. Him having much more force than me, pushed me backwards meaning I was laying on grass, while he was hovering above me, and although so many dirty comments came to mind, I pushed them aside. "Say It" I sighed, knowing there was no way of getting out of it. "You. Daniel Simmons. The Asshole. Is My Best Friend" I stated. He looked reluctant, but was satisfied with the answer. The silence was awkward with him hovering over me, and after a while of staring into each other's eyes, I saw him get closer. and closer. and closer. Until I could feel his breath a metre away. "Daniel" I said just above a whisper. "I'm kind of seeing Prince." I said truthfully. "And in a bad situation with Jacob" I said cringing at his name rolling off my tounge. "Yeah. You're right. My bad" He said getting up off of me. Disappointment filled his eyes, and adrenaline, was soon turned to guilt that rushed through my body. "I should walk you home" He said grabbing his notepad which he was once writing in. I shoved my IPod and Beats in my pocket, and began to walk with the less cheerful boy.