Part 29

We walk back into the party.

"I'll be back." Heath says.

"Where are you going?" I ask.

"I need to go and see someone. I won't go far." I bite my lip but nod. He squeezes my hand and then walks towards the corner where a group of people are stood. I clasp my hands together and watch to see who he was talking to, however my view is cut off by a girl. I recognise her as the girl from school; Tamara said her name was Sasha. I smile – I might as well try to give her a chance. She sneers at me, looking me up and down.

"Has Heath rejected you yet? I want to be there when he does." She says. Well, at least I tried.

"Why, because you want to tell me how you got through it, from your experience?" I ask. "Thanks, but your help is not needed and will never be needed, because he has accepted me." I tell her.

"Has he? Has he said the words?" She asks. I freeze, thinking back. No, he's never actually said the words. He's implied it but never said 'I accept you'. It's only been a short time, but the mate bond is fully made until both people accept. Sasha smiles triumphantly. I start to mutter an excuse that will allow me to get away, but I stop, not needing to tell her where I'm going because it's none of her business. I run out of the party, as quick as I can in heels, and fall down onto the stairs. One lone tear runs down my cheek. Is Heath just giving me hope, to make the rejection worse? I look to where the broken doors are being cleared. A man picks up the flower, stares at it, before turning to throw it away.

"Wait!" I say louder than I want. Everyone in the entrance hall looks at me. I blush and look straight at the man. "Can I have it?" I ask. He shrugs and passes it to me. I smile and reach for it. As I touch the bright orange petal, the whole room suddenly goes ice cold. A shiver runs down my spine. I look around to see if anyone else is affected by the cold, but it seems that it is just me. The room dissolves away and I'm stood in woods, holding the flower which is glowing in the moonlight. I look around and then start to walk forwards determinedly. I don't know where I'm going, but I know I have to get there soon. I hear the thumping of paws, and I break out into a run. I look down and see that I'm no longer in the dress I wore to the party; I'm in a different one. It reminds me of one you would wear to bed. I look back up and do a sharp left. I hear the sound of wings beating the air. I push myself to go faster, I have to escape. I look right and left to see if they are near, but see nothing. I look back around, but am too late to stop myself from colliding into a tree.

I gasp and drop the flower, now back in the entrance hall. I'm breathing heavily, with everyone looking at me. I look away from their gazes and see Heath is stood in the doorway. I bite my lip. He walks to me, and sits on the stairs. I look away from him.

"What's wrong?" He asks.

"Nothing." I reply, but I don't sound convincing.

"Tell me." He says moving my head so I'm looking at him.

"You didn't accept me." I say deciding to leave out what I just saw.

Here you go! Hope you liked it! Sorry for the long wait, I had a bit of writer's block, but now I have a lot of inspiration and know where it is going, so it shouldn't be as long until the next part. :)

What will Heath say?

What did Trixie see?

What did you think?

What will happen next?

Thanks for reading, voting, commenting, sharing and following!!

CC ;)