Chapter 1

#Hey, hey hey!!! This is chapter one of "Jennie, As in Me".  If you stumbled upon this story, read it, and tell me what you thought. Thanks!! Oh, and this cover came from www.gloster.com. i don't wanna get sued :/ lol

Sighing, I stacked the brown cardboard boxes against the wall.  They seemed to have the letters "Life of doom" scribbled all over the sides.  "I didn't ask for this", i said to myself.

Ever since Mom died last month of skin cancer, things have been rough.  My sister Gina ignored the problems, and ran off to collage, leaving my dad and I to be alone.  We moved, to a dusty old home, hoping to create a new beginning. 

It was no secret, that my mother didn't want to get better.  She had a troubled past, being caught at suicidal attempts, and running away from the cancer, being abused for years at her home.  I feel like I cheated almost, never once being hit by my parents, when she had to grow up like that.  She refused to take any medical care from the doctors, but  took chemo because they made her.  The terminal cancer seemed like the opertunity for her to naturally die. But my dad refused to believe it.  he wantedto stay strong with her.

I loved her dearly, adn missed her like crazy.  i am worried where she ended up if you know what i mean.  I had never been one of those religious people, but after Mom died, I started attending church to learn about death, and what God does with you after your time has come...

But Gina pretended school studies were her life.  After my mom's funeral, she ditched us and moved out of state, without even saying goodbye.

A knock at the door snapped me out of my thoughts.  "Come in", I said in a weak voice.  My dad tried to make me feel better with his warm smile, but sadly this didn't help.

"Hey kid.  You've been crying", he said and put his arm around me, holding me close.  I touched my face.  I had been, endeed crying, but didn't know it.

"Come on Jennie, we'll pull through", he said his fingers scratching my back.  For some odd reason, this always relaxed me.  I shook my head, and frowned at my fingers, twisting arund each other.

"Not erase", I said.  Yeah i know what you are thinking.  I am twelve, and shouldn't be talking like a four year old.  But to be honest with you, after all of the things I saw, something in my brain messed up my speech patterns.  I can think of words in my head, but, they don't come out like I plan.  After seeing my mom try to kill herself, and watching her die in front of me, things haven't been very good.  I can't imagine what it must be like for my dad, having a stupid daughter like me who can't even talk right.  His beautiful, brilliant daughter left us. I bet he would trade me to get her back.

"I know I can't erase things.  how could i do that? Nut this is all we got Jennie.  We'll be okay.  I'll be there for you", he said pulling me tighter.  Then, I wanted shout at him, and tell him things will never be okay, that things might end up getting worse, until I have nobody.  But I couldn't do that, so I screamed and ran away from him.

I heard footsteps running after me.  He knows better than to follow me, what was he doing.  i normally just run and die out if I get flustered.

"NO!" I screamed, and ran faster.  The footsteps kept getting louder though.  So i stopped, and whirled around.  But nobody was behind me.  I breathed slowly, trying to control my brreath again.

"Are you okay Jennie?" my Dad called out from the other room.  He wasn't chasing after me.  Of course he wasn't, he never does. But I know i heard those footsteps.  They were there, sounding like elephants.

"Jennie", a voice whispered in me ear.  I jumped away from it, frowning.

"Shhhhh. Quiet", i told the voice, hoping that my father didn't hear.  I put my finger to my lips, assuring the voice that the best thing to do was be quiet.  Don't ask why, i did this, but I did.  I think the voice was too loud, maybe.  But I didn't like it, so I kept tellling it to shut up. And it did.  It left me alone.

"No follow", I said, as I walked down the stairs into the kitchen and grabbed an apple from the fridge.  my dad looked at me perplexed.

"Jennie, are you talking to me?" he asked. I shook me head, and pointed at the top of the stairs.  He looked at me wide eyed.

"No more talking Jennie.  Only talk to me, not anyone else.  Do you understand honey?" he asked.  i wasn't sure what the deal was, but it was cool with me.  The voice was getting annoying.  But unfortunately, things were about to get a little more than annoying.

____________________________________________________________________

_____________________________________________________________________

Hello this is Lena, and I am starting to write my first story on my shared account with my bestie rachel.  I hope you liked this, and please check out our other stories soon to come.  So vote comment and critisize.  I won't update until I get comments and votes :) lol