1 Character

A family lived together, swam together. One day this ended. Rowan was the only mermaid that was blind in her family.  She was lucky enough that her parents kept her and loved her regardless of her inabilities. Not for much longer.
     They were swimming together and suddenly she feels something in the water. Screams erupt around her and she hears her mother roar to her, " Swim!" Broken silence from distance and death. Rowan paused in shock, she could taste the bitter blood of her dear family then darted the opposite direction with no way of navigating where she was going or her surroundings.
     Rowan swam as fast as she could. She swam for miles, she couldn't control her sobs and she could only feel her tears flow constantly. She only stopped when she felt the sand beneath her and the water thin and warm. She laid there for countless hours, her dark grey, blue tail and white hair only moved with the current and the tide.       
       She could feel the water turning cold and heard bugs singing their nocturnal opera. She moved slow and sulky. Her stomach roared and clawed at her insides. She couldn't hunt or even feel around from fear. She started to memorized her surroundings. Rowan was still run over by sorrow and fear but she kept moving forward feeling every plant and piece of sand with her shaky fingers. She was a outcast of her species. White hair and a dark thundercloud colored tail. Not even mentioning her useless eyes. But she will have the most incredible live.