Chapter 2 Logan

Grace

~~~

"Sometimes I really appreciate the fact that we can't leave the mansion. It means no boring field trips," Livianna muses and levitates small bubbles of water. Livianna is the adopted daughter of Sean Cassidy and Alex Summers. She's five years older than me. She's a mermaid and can control water. Livianna lives in a large very clean pond on the mansion grounds. When she dries off she can grow legs but if she gets stressed or distracted the tail pops back out and she hits the floor.

Her tale is long and a light blue, she has fin like ears, glowing blue eyes, find on her arms, scales on her cheeks, elbows, knees (when she has legs), the top of her feet, the top of her hands, and on her shoulders. She is a very gorgeous creature. Long flowing blonde curls always fall down her back gracefully along with the occasional blue streak. Livianna has all the looks and abilities of a mermaid.

"I have to say I agree..but sometimes I do want to leave," I admit hesitantly. Livianna nods and flips her tail. She's laying on her stomach on the shore to talk with me.

"Yeah if I looked normal I could go on vacation with my dads," Liv murmurs. "I miss them."

"I'm sure they miss you too Livianna. I bet they miss you lots," I say and rub her arm. She smiles and giggles. Her voice sounds like a flowing river.

"I'm sure they miss me but appreciate the alone time," she chuckles.

"Well of course," I agree with a grin.

Just then the buses roll up and kids start running out. I raise an eyebrow and stand up brushing the dirt of my pants.

"They're back early," I observe and check the watch on my wrist. "I'm gonna go talk to dad, wanna come?" Livianna is an honorary X-Men member but until recently hasn't moved into the mansion. For awhile Sean and Alex lived on a beach in Florida for her sake before coming back here.

"If you can lift me like this, sometimes it takes a while to get back," Livianna replies and I smile.

"Mutant remember? Come here." She holds her hands up and I lift her by her armpits and position her bridal style in my arms. Livianna may have an insanely heavy tail but she is not nearly as heavy as Logan.

I wince at the memory of him and shake it away. It's been a year since he's been around.

Expertly I carry Livianna into the mansion to follow my dad, Storm, Scott, Jean, and Alieana into his office.

~~~

Scott stares out the window of dads office and watches the mutant kids play.

I set Livianna down in a lounge chair and stretch my arms. Alieana walks up and touches my cheek to transport the museums happenings into my mind so no one has to explain.

There was an incident in the cafeteria but more importantly a mutant tried to assassinate the president.

"My opinon? Magneto's behind this," Scott says suddenly and I raise an eyebrow. This doesn't sound like Eric. Mom seems to agree with me. She's sitting on dads lap, she treats him like her personal chair sometimes but he doesn't mind.

"No, I don't think so, Scott," Jean disagrees and voices all of our thoughts.

"While Eric might have organized something like this from prison, for him the gesture is far too...irrational. It only hurts his goal of mutant prosperity," dad explains and mom nods.