Chapter 1

Kris Wu's P.O.V. (29 years old)

One year later

My work is my number one priority. Nothing that I will do will ever interfere with business. I am the president of the most popular clothing store in South Korea. The company has been under the control of my family for 86 years. My future son will someday be take over. I took the position after my father retired and him after his father. Of course, we were trained for many years before we gained the power and the wealth. I have spent a lot of my life at the store with my father, watching, listening, and learning. Something that I have picked up from my father is to expect perfection from the employees. Speaking of perfection...someone has been slacking off lately...

"Listen here, Mr. Cha. Do you know why I have called you to my office?"

"No, sir," Mr. Cha replys calmly.

"It seems to me that recently, you have not been putting much effort in your work." I pulled out a file with some of Mr. Cha's reports. I hold them in front of his face.

"You very well know that I expect perfection, and this-" I tear the papers in half, "is not perfection."

He nods his head in response. Mr. Cha remains emotionless as I pace in front of him. It's hard to faze him. I once threatened to fire him. And I'm going to do that again.

"If you wish to keep your job, you better step it up and work harder."

"Yes, sir You can expect perfection from me from now on. If not, I will send you my resignation letter immediately."

I did not expect him to answer that boldly. What I thought was that he would cower and apologize profusely. That's what everyone else does. He does not go with the crowd, which makes him a little harder to control. Something needs to be done...

Screw this, I'm hungry.

Park Shin Hye's P.O.V. (27 years old)

"I try my best, but my best never seems to be enough." Words I say to much. Everything I do requires a ton of work. Normally, that work is all for nothing. I gain nothing. That is how my life is. My life has been this way ever since my parents were killed in a plane crash 7 years ago. All I have left is my older sister.

We share a small one-bedroom apartment and have to share a room. There is one bathroom for both of us. One bed. One shower. One everything. We are not doing very well when it comes to money. Although I work at a restaurant and as a secretary for a small business, neither of those jobs pays very well. Neither of us got a full education, we both stopped after high school, so Unnie (Park Eun Seok, 31 years old) is working on an online college degree so she can qualify for jobs with a higher income. Also, she is an employee at a department store during the day. Once more, like every other place, the store does not pay her very much. Hopefully, we can get back on our feet very soon.

The alarm clock screeches at me and I quickly hit the snooze button. The first rays of sunlight peek through the windows. Unni stirs next to me then gets slowly out of bed.

We follow a strict morning schedule. The alarm goes off at 5:30. Unnie always gets to shower first, because she's older. Seven minutes is the maximum amount of time we have to shower. Our outfits for the day are chosen the night before. While she is showering, I start breakfast. Eggs is what we eat during the week. Cereal too. I get out all the food, eggs, juice, sometimes bacon and bread for toast. I also set out the juice. I heat up the stove and get everything ready. By then, Unnie is out of the shower and dressed. It is then my turn. Breakfast is ready by the time I am finished. After eating, at approximately 6:15, we get into our old, beat up car. Her work is closer than mine, so I drop her off and continue on to the building where I work. She always gets a ride home from one of her coworkers so I can drive to my other job.

I hear the water start in the shower. I hurry into the kitchen in my pajamas to get the food items out of the fridge. I set things on the counter and turn on the small stove. The old frying pan we have starts to heat up. I find a few cups and fill them with juice. The cups are set on the small two-person table in our cramped kitchen. We only have two sets of eating utensils. One for each of us. The chairs are wobbly, and so is the table.

"Shin Hye! Your turn," my sister walks into the kitchen with soaking wet hair. I rush into the bathroom with a towel and clothes. I set the timer on my old phone for seven minutes. Those minutes go by and I am out of the shower and dried off. I throw on my clothes and return to the kitchen, where Unnie is setting food down on the table.

"Shin Hye, we are running low on eggs, the milk is spoiled, and the parts of the bread have mold," she says as I sit at the table.
I glance over at all the food that has gone bad. I sigh.

"I'll try to get to the store this week. Today is...Monday. Right. Monday. I will get more food by Wednesday." She nods.

6:20. We are in the car, approaching the store that Unnie works at. She dashes into the building, waving to me as she goes. Ten minutes later, I reach the restaurant. The small, family-owned restaurant that so kindly hired me as a server. I walk in and write my name on the employee sign-in sheet. Only three other people work as waiters. There are also chefs and cooks, but not many. Five , I think. Like I said, this is a small business. I work here for five hours, then I take on my job as a secretary.

This place is not very busy. In one hour, there were seven customers. Only seven. Not seven groups of people, seven people. I don't have much to do here.

The door swings open. I look up to see another customer. Finally. Something to do. I beat Jung Young, another waitress, to him.

Based off his appearance, he is about two, maybe three years older than me. From the way he looks to the way he's dressed, I can tell he is filthy rich. What is he doing at a place like this?

"Hello, sir, how are you today?"

"I want beef and miso soup," he says harshly. His direct (and rude) response shocks me a little.

"R-right away, sir." I try to hurry off with his order but he grabs my arm.

"Make it fast, I'm in hurry," he commands.

As soon as his food is ready, I hurry out of the kitchen to bring it to him. His eyes are glued on me as I make my way towards him.

"Not quick enough," he says, although I went as fast as I could go without spilling his soup.

"Thanks to you, I'm going to be late for an important meeting," he snaps.

"Sir, I'm terribly sorry for trying not to spill your soup on the floor."

What a bitch.

***********************************************

Chapter 1=done. RHYME. Hope it wasn't awful. thanks for reading. thanks. Btw I will attempt to make longer chapters like this one. Slow updates still. Oh also, I reread my chapters and always find things to edit so if you ever decide to reread this story (hehe probably not) some parts might be slightly changed or I might have added some stuff. Just wanted to let y'all know. Okay. Thanks again. TOO MUCH THANKS hehe
~KJD