Crayons

It was a normal day in the Weasley household. Well, not counting the fact that they were getting ready for Fred and George's first day at Hogwarts.

Molly Weasley pushed the two slackers off their bums as she rushed Arthur to grab their suitcases.

"You shouldn't let your father do the work for you! He could break his back anytime!" Molly screeched as the two twins sniggered.

"Look, Charlotte is going to be here any minute and you're still in your pajamas!" Molly pushed Percy out the door as she stared at her twins, rather glaring.

Fred pushed George out of the way as he scrambled up from the sofa towards his room. George jumped right after his twin, yelling in protest.

Molly Weasley could only shake her head and sigh. It was probably only Charlotte who could make them react to things differently.

As Molly was thinking about her, Charlotte Black appeared at their fire place, coughing up smoke.

"Charlotte, dear!" Molly quickly rushed to the girl and pat away the smoke and ashes from her body.

She beamed as Molly pulled her in for a hug.

"Thank you for allowing me to come with you." She said as she stepped into the living room, smiling.

"No problem, it's never a problem!" Molly exclaimed as she led Charlotte to the sofa.

"I'm so sorry you have to wait, dear. Fred and George aren't even out of their pajamas yet." Molly sighed.

Charlotte giggled as she sat down with a soft 'poof' on the sofa.

"Forge! Gred! You better hurry up before we leave without you!" Charlotte shouted, her head leaning back from the sofa towards the stairs. Sounds of things falling to the ground was heard as the sound of feet stomping down the stairs at a fast pace was approaching Charlotte.

"We're very-"

"sorry for being late-"

"Char." Fred finished off, smiling at the girl who sat in their sofa, smiling happily.

Molly Weasley eyed her sons and sighed, calling for Arthur to get start their enchanted car's engines.

"I'm sorry but you three will have to squeeze in the back. Percy has already gone by flu powder to one of his friend's house. Charlie went with him, dear." Molly Weasley answered before Charlotte got the chance to ask where the second eldest Weasley was.

In the background, Fred and George glowered.

The both clicked their tongue in annoyance at the same time. Fred walked up to grab Charlotte's arm, pulling her outside.

"Come on-"

"Char." George finished, grabbing Charlotte's other arm.

"We ought to-"

"go now-"

"before we're late." George smiled happily as he pulled the girl outside the door.

Char had always been a family favorite. She had been over to the Weasley's burrow since she was 3 when Andromeda Tonks had wanted her to mingle with her own kind.

Char remembered her first meeting with Fred and George Weasley so clearly that she still teased them about it.

She was 3 when they first met at the burrow. It was Fred and George's birthday party and they were up to no good. She remembered throwing a blue crayola onto Fred's head as he was about to pull down his older brother's, Charles Weasley, pants. Ever since that day, Charlie had thanked Charlotte for saving him the embarrassment.

And ever since that day, Charlotte could tease Fred of how he cried over his head hurting, and how George overreacted of his brother's health.

And since that day, Molly Weasley had always invited young Charlotte Black back to the household because she was the only one who could control the two idiots and make them love her at the same time.