1. SHARKBAIT

I knew that I was going to have to be shark bait. I wasn't the youngest, but I was the newest member, or pledge, if you will, and those were the rules.
And the rules must be followed. That's just how it is.
I wasn't scared. Not really. Jack had told me all that would happen, and I knew that I was being closely watched by nearly a dozen people. I had seen them use this tactic before, but I hadn't been the target.

Jack wasn't much for fashion, so he let Mina dress me. I was put in a short, skin-tight white dress that exposed my long, olive toned legs, and black pumps. I had never worn anything like this before, but we had to get their attention somehow, show them how feeble and helpless I was. She put my long, golden locks up in a tight bun as well, with a few stray pieces hanging above my eyes.
I was sent alone. It had to be this way; I knew the drill. Jack explained it to me time and time again, so there was no room for mistakes.
I walked along the dark road, keeping my eyes locked in front of me. The only audible sound was the clicking of my heels against the pavement. Though I knew I was being watched by Jack and the others, I could feel the eyes of strangers as well. Chills ran down my spine, making me shiver, but I kept walking, feigning this as me being cold due to shortage of clothing.
For a long moment, nothing happened. I continued on my stroll, unbothered. The streetlight above me flickered twice, but I didn't pause.
I looked completely and utterly stranded, as if Jack had just dumped me here and took off. Though I knew this wasn't the case, I couldn't help feeling a little nervous.

This was taking longer than usual. I tried to keep my pace steady.
The road I was following came to an end, and I finally saw the dark, musty alley that I was told about. The rendezvous. I tried not to feel relieved.
My pace sped up, and I began to sweat. I knew that the strangers were watching closely and would come any second now, but it was still taking too long. What if they had figured it out and left? Jack would be furious...
Noticing a large hole in the ground a few feet ahead of me, I purposely misplaced my foot, hoping this would make me look even more defenseless and exposed. I fell hard, harder than I meant to. My head hit the ground with an audible thud and my eyes brimmed with tears. I tried to catch myself with my right hand but it landed awkward and I immediately began to feel pain lance all the way up my arm. I let a whimper escape my lips, knowing Jack would approve.

It worked.

"Excuse me, miss?"

The voice came from behind me. It was obviously male, but he sounded younger than I'd expected. This changed nothing. I felt no sympathy for what he was about to experience.

Still sprawled out on the ground, I lifted my head to glance back at him.

He was young, maybe in his late twenties or early thirties. He was handsome, too. Dark hair and dark eyes that looked odd but pleasing against his pale skin. He was tall, too, and very muscular. Though he looked harmless, I knew what he was capable of doing, what he has done to many girls just like me.
This was all a game. A play. His role was the caring, concerned stranger. Mine was the helpless little girl. We were both liars, snakes. Only he didn't know that I was the only one walking away from this act.
Seeing him fumed an anger and sickness deep within my chest, and these emotions gave me the courage I needed to continue the charade.

"Excuse me, miss," He repeated, his tone almost too pleasant, "Are you alright? Do you need some help?"
I waited for him to approach me before I spoke.
"I just seem to be a little lost," I whispered, my voice shaking. Though this was due to my rage, it sounded perfect. Faint. "And then I fell."

He finally stood above me, his hand outstretched. I took it without hesitation, wanting this to be over with. I couldn't help the second chill that ran down my spine that night has his warm skin touched mine. This man was very dangerous, I could feel it, but I knew nothing would harm me.