Echtrai - A Collection of DreamWalker Stories

An Echtra or Echtrae (pl. Echtrai) is one of a category of Old Irish literature about a hero's adventures in the Otherworld (see Tír na nÓg and Mag Mell); the otherworldly setting is the distinctive trait of these tales. More generally, echtra was the Old Irish word for "adventure", the Modern Irishword is eachtra.

__________________________________________

This collection of stories will consist of DreamWalker adventures that have not yet found a place in one of the books or have been moved here to help make the novels more accessible to the reader.

TEASERS

"Talk to the Mountains" is the first story in which Ellette appears. 
TEASER:  I sat in the stuffy little dining area sipping a quickly melting shake and feeling pathetic. No one else was there, but that's not surprising. It felt like the cooler had died about noon the day before. I know I wouldn't have been there by choice. Unfortunately, I was. So I just sat there in one of the booths, my legs sticking to the vinyl and wondering how I was going to get home.

"Silence and Secrets" a flash fiction piece that is little more than a glimpse into Ellette's childhood. 

"In the Dawn of Love" is the first story in which I explore Rand's life before Ellette. His past has been hinted at in other stories, but this is the first story in which his life before the events that lead to him meeting Ellette are explained in any detail.
TEASER: Roxie and Rand's families have always run in the same social circle. As teens, they come together over a shared love for music and the arts. Young and full of hope, they blunder through life, taking the good and the bad with the naive notion that love is all they need. Life has other plans.

_________________________________________

*Note, the other titles are Welsh. I realize that this is inconsistant, but with sticking to my nod to some celtic mythology I thought it was still appropriate.