Three.

Cassandra's POV

The next morning I wake up around 8 am and can already hear Logan and his douchebags being loud in the kitchen. I mumble a slew of curse words before I get ready for my day. Carlos and I have to inform a family that they lost a member to another heartless human walking among us. Once I'm out of the shower, I put on black jeans and my combat boots before standing in front of my closet trying to determine what shirt I want to wear today.

As I reach for a royal blue blouse hanging up my door bursts open. I turn around quickly and see Mike standing in the door way with my coffee mug in his hands. He doesn't say any words, at least not with his mouth but his eyes trail from my face down my abdomen and lingers on my exquisite paisley tattoo. For some reason my mouth dries and it is hard for me to swallow but I break the silence first.

"What are you doing in my room? Do you want me to pull my gun on you again?"

Surprisingly he cracks a small smile and shakes his head. "I am actually here to apologize and Logan told me to bring this coffee to you while I do it."

I snatch the blouse of my closet and shrug it on before taking the coffee from him. Once I take a sip from it Mike nods his head and tells me he will see me out there. He leaves my room and shuts the door behind him and I start fixing my hair in the mirror before putting it in a high ponytail. Trying to push back my interaction with Mike, I finish my coffee then grab my gun and badge off the nightstand before joining everyone else in the kitchen.

Logan is the first to greet me as I place my mug in the sink. "Mornin' Head Hunter." I wave as I grab a piece of bacon off of his plate and then sit on the counter. Vic looks between Logan and I with a confused look on his face. "Why do you call her Head Hunter?" he asks. Logan starts to laugh while I press my hand against my forehead.

"Because when she is interrogating perps or even looking for them, it's like she wants their head on a stick and since her last name is Hunter, she became known as SDPD's very own Head Hunter."

I laugh as Jaime mumbles something about never committing a crime around me. Even Mike laughs as Tony and Vic asks me questions about being a detective. I tell them as much as possible without being too graphic. Logan starts telling them stories about me being a rookie when Carlos comes barging into the house, unannounced just like he usually does. "Yo Hunter, I'm here and I'm hungry." I laugh and go to the microwave where I know Logan put his plate for him. He comes into the kitchen and sits in an empty seat as I place a plate in front of him. He groans as Logan shakes his head, "When will you stop bursting into our house unannounced Ramirez?" Carlos laughs and shrugs as he digs into his food.

"You need to eat fast Carlos, we do have a job we need to do." I say as I strap my gun into place and decide to wear my badge as a necklace instead of on my pants. Carlos nods and finishes his food quickly then drinks Logan's orange juice. "Alright, let's go catch some bad guys."

We leave the house and Carlos gets into the passenger seat of my car and starts reading the file as I pull off towards Charlotte's home. This is always the hardest part of our job, telling the families and then having to sit and watch the pain and agony on their face while we invade the lives of their lost loved one. Carlos makes small talk for the next forty minutes until we arrive at the family home.

Mike's POV

Cassandra leaves with her partner soon after he arrives and I can't help but feel annoyed that she won't be lingering around to be an asshole like she was last night. I thank my lucky stars that I brought her that coffee when I did because seeing her like that, in those jeans clinging to her curves without a shirt on, oh sweet lord I would never be rude to that girl ever again because just a small glimpse at her body like that and I wanted to drop to my knees and let her know that I was at her complete mercy.

Did I think within the twenty fours that I first met that girl I would say stupid shit like that just from seeing her body? No. Not only did she look gorgeous when I walked in on her, that tattoo on her stomach was enough to make me want to stand in that doorway and stare at her forever. It was completely different from the tattoos on her arms. I rub my hands up and down my face and shaking my head. When on earth did Mike Fuentes start talking like this twenty four hours after meeting a girl? Never. All I know that is I am going to be around this girl for a while and that I am most utterly screwed beyond belief.

Cassandra's POV

Charlotte's father holds his wife as she sobs uncontrollably and falls to the ground. I look away from her and at Carlos who is looking at the ground. He hates this part more than I do, it makes him angry on the inside but on the outside he has a look of sadness on his face. If people think I get crazy when with suspects, they haven't seen Carlos with killers of young girls.

"Mr and Mrs. Harrison, can you tell us anything about Charlotte that can help us with our investigation?" Carlos asks them. Mrs. Harrison sobs harder and her husband tells us to hold on and the takes his wife by the hand and leads her away from us. Soon after, he returns and wipes his face before sitting down and motions for us to sit down across from him.

"Charlotte was a good daughter. She wasn't the best in school and I know she was having problems with her algebra professor but other than that she was never and she worked at the mini mart across from where you found her," He sighs before continuing "I don't know who would want to do this to her. My poor baby."

Carlos speaks to him while I glance around the house. Pictures of Charlotte and what I am assuming is her brother shower the living room. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have Logan anymore so I can't even being to imagine what Charlotte's brother is going to feel when he discovers what happened to his sister.

"Once again Mr. Harrison we are so sorry for your loss. We'll be in touch with follow ups from the case. Anything we find out, you will be the first to know." Carlos shakes his hand and I wave before following him outside.

I move quickly to the car but Carlos reaches out and grabs my hand. "Cass, are you alright? You didn't talk much in there." I nod and reassure him that I'm fine but he knows me well enough to know that I am going to get attached to this case. He wraps his arms around me and holds me close. While he's doing this I try to imagine what it would be like to hold that lanky fucker Mike like this.

"We'll catch him Cass, you and I."