Start of Something New

That evening the Weasley family, Hermione, and Harry were sitting around the dinner table discussing whether or not Ginny should play Quidditch that year at Hogwarts. Harry's internal monster was roaring with agreement as that would mean that he would see her more often.

"Ginny dear," Mrs. Weasley began, "You are great at Quidditch! I don't even see why there needs to be a discussion as to whether or not you should play. You have wanted to play for the Holyhead Harpies since you were little."

"I know mum, but I don't know if I could stand being on the same Quidditch team as Dean," Ginny said.

"Are you seriously going to let that low life jerk stand in your way of doing something that you love," Ron asked, clearly angry at the fact that this was why Ginny was leery of playing again.

Then without warning, four brown owls soared through the window making Mrs. Weasley screech. Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny all walked over to the owls expecting them to be their Hogwarts letters. Harry, Ron, and Hermione had decided to go back to Hogwarts to complete their 7th year as they should have. Ginny, didn't have the choice, she had to take her 7th year as she was supposed to. They were all excited as they opened their letters.

Harry's read:

Dear Mr. Potter,

We are pleased that you have accepted our invitation to return to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry to complete your 7th and final year at our school. Along with this letter you will find your needed book list and a letter regarding your position as Quidditch Captain.

Sincerely,

Minerva Mcgonagall: Headmistress

Sure enough right behind the letter were two other pieces of parchment. One was headlined Quidditch Captain and one was headlined 7th Year Books. Harry was delighted that he had been asked to resume his position as Quidditch Captain.

"Well it looks like we will all need to take a trip to Diagon Alley one day this week to get your books and things," said Mrs. Weasley. Harry had been so engrossed in his own thoughts that he hadn't even looked to see if he would have the same classes as any of his friends.

"Harry, what classes do you have," Ron asked while walking over to him.

"It looks like I have Tranfiguration, Muggle Studies, Potions, Charms, and Defense Against the Dark Arts. What about you?"

"Same," Ron exclaimed.

"Same," said Ginny's voice from the opposite side of the room. The monster inside of Harry roared with triumph. He would get to see Ginny all day every day!

He felt as though he couldn't have been any happier, and without thinking he closed the 6 foot distance between himself and Ginny and kissed her in front of everyone. It was just a quick peck but it was enough to make the monster inside of him do endless flips. Once they had pulled back, Ginny smiled up at him. He looked around half expecting to be pummeled to a pulp by everyone in the room, but instead they were all smiling. Mrs. Weasley was so happy that a few tears had leaked over onto her cheek. Harry grabbed Ginny's hand and pulled her through the living room and out the door. They were walking in the direction of the paddock.

When they got to Ginny's favorite tree, they stopped and smiled at each other knowing that this was the start of something new!