Chapter 4

"So... do you guys have any idea why we're here?"
"No," Septimus said. "Also, what are your names?"
"Well, I'm Harry, and this is Percy," said the boy with the strange round glasses.
"You two look a lot alike," Septimus noted.
"We do?" Harry and Percy looked at each other.
"Well, he's a little skinnier than I am..."
"And you're probably less magical than I am..."
Septimus replied this time. "What about magical?"
"You two aren't magical? Oh, I'm really sorry. I didn't know you two were Muggles."
"Wha- wh- hey, I'm Magykal!" Septimus spluttered.
"Also, what's a Muggle?" Percy added.
Harry sighed. "Non-magical people. You two are obviously non-magical. You're not even carrying any wands!"
"Who said I—we need a wand to do magic??" Septimus said angrily. 
Harry was definitely confused now. "So you're saying that you can do wandless magic? But that—that isn't possible!"

                                                       ----
This boy was nuts.
Why would anyone in a million years depend on a hunk of wood to do magic? I'd seen the Demeter kids wave their hands and make the strawberries grow, I've seen my buddy Jason summon lightning with his sword, my other buddy Frank turn into animals... and I could manipulate water just with my mind. Well, most of the time. But that's not important.
"You're crazy," I said. 
Harry looked angry. "Since when did you two team up against me? I'm just stating the obvious here..."
"You sure?" said a voice above us.

Just to clarify, I was NOT scared in ANY way... well, maybe a little bit. Okay, I got scared.

"What—Septimus, you scared the heck out of me!!" I yelled.
"Wha- how- " stammered Harry.
Septimus was hovering in the air behind Harry, about six or seven feet above the ground.
"Hey, Timius," I said, "are you a child of Zeus?"

"Who's Zeus?" he asked as he slowly drifted down to the ground. "I'm just using my Flyte Charm."
He opened his palm and showed me a mini gold arrow in his palm.
"Woah, what is that?" said Harry, recovering from his shock. "Is that what you use to perform magic?"

"Well... not really. There are different Charms for different uses, see?" Septimus explained, showing us  something in his belt.
"That's awesome," I said. "I wish I had a belt like that."
"Then you'd have to become an Apprentice to the ExtraOrdinary... and trust me, not many get that chance," he stated proudly.
"Aww, come on..."
"Hey," Harry said suddenly, "what about you, Percy? How are you magical?"

"Ah... well... I just have 'water powers'," I said.
"Like what??" Septimus asked.
"I can just control it. That's it. Happy now?"

"Fine with me," Harry said. "Now, do you have any idea why we're here?"