"You're too GAY" (The Life and Times of a Bisexual)

"You can't be bi, you're too GAY"

Too gay? What exactly does that mean? As far as I'm aware and always have been, the term gay is there to refer to someone by their sexual orientation. And someone's sexual orientation, really, should have nothing to do with their personality or the way the act or the way the talk or the way the walk or the way they dress or the way they eat a burger or anything derogative at all. Your sexual orientation is just one part of you, and shouldn't really affect anything more than just who you're attracted to. If you can call me gay because I'm bi, surely that means you can call me straight as well. People get so caught up on the fact that I like boys that they find it impossible to think that I could like girls do. I'll admit that I like boys and I just don't and can't understand why people can't harness my attraction towards girls too. I even know gay guys that are still that small minded to say "But you're more camp than me you CAN'T be bi"

Who are you to judge what I can and can't be? From the amount of stereotypes we see in modern day society, we become judgemental and prejudice without even realising it.

When it comes down to it, you should be able to love whoever you want, regardless of your personality and the way you are, no matter how 'stereotypical' you may be.