Falling out of the closet (The Life and Times of a Bisexual)

The closet. 

Another subject I have very strong opinions on

'Coming out of the closet' is just a monstrosity of a concept. In order to be in the closet, that would require someone to be straight-acting before hand. Is society that fucked and predjudice so kids to be assumed as straight? You never hear of people coming out to their parents as being straight, its always just the norm for a kid to be that, but something extreme if they are gay or bi or anything thats not 'regular' 

Until only this year did I feel truly comfortable with poeple knowing my sexuality. I've finally grown up enough to realise that I shouldn't care what other people think and that my sexuality is just one part of me. To be honest, my levels of flamboyancy are pretty high, so most people would judge me anyway, so I thought I might as well just tell people. 

I only really actually came out to about 6 people, the rest just found out through word of mouth but I really didn't have a problem with that. People would start to ask me and I would just tell the trurth and I can tell you that there is nothing that makes you feel better than telling people it. Someone people ask me why I never told them I was bi, I simply reply 'Because you never asked'

My parents haven't asked, but if they did I would happily tell them. My sister never came out as straight to them, so why should I have to come out as bi? It's exactly the same, therefore excusable.

So, I guess you could say I never really 'came out' of the closet

I fell.