「not edited」
「Itachi point of view」

The Birth of A Perfect

"he's perfect Ms.Uchiha"

Of course he is, he's an Uchiha. An almost warm smile spread across my features as my mother hummed in joy. She had been in labor for at least seventeen hours. Father had been busy filling out the form for my little brother's birth certificate, unable to see the look of relief and joy that overwhelmed mother. We knew this outcome was inevitable, an Uchiha is always born perfect.

The only Uchiha to ever have been born imperfect, was a newborn named Obito, he was quickly "gotten rid" of for the good of the family name. His whereabouts are unknown, but he is most likely dead somewhere; Uchiha's tend to do that to anything that risks the family name. The poor infant was alive for less than a day.

"Itachi, come hold him."

I nodded obediently, a sensation of fear and excitement suddenly brimmed through me. I held out my arms, making sure once Sasuke was placed on them, they'd be steady. Sasuke Uchiha was his name. He already held his title as Uchiha for being born perfect, now life will bring him nothing but joy and ease. I could already see the bright future he awaits, his giggles of joy filled the atmosphere at such a young age.

I only wish he still be able to laugh in such a way at my age.

Although Sasuke has passed his first test in life, birth, he's got many others. Being perfect isn't everything. There's been cases in which the imperfect surpass the perfect - a truly unacceptable event. We, the Uchiha, never allow such sin to take place. As the family known for our perfection, we surpass all those around us. I silently hope my newborn brother does the same.

My arms wrapped around the newborn as if they were protecting him from the cruel world. His eyes roamed around until finally reaching my own, and soon giggles of approval rang loudly throughout the hospital room. I couldn't help the smile that crawled onto my face. I guess he already likes me, or at the very least likes my face. I carefully rocked him from side to side, earning soft bubbling noises of happiness. Mother smiled tiredly as she slowly began loosing consciousness, her soft features becoming calm and her long hair falling carelessly onto her face. She'd never looked so peaceful.

Her second son was born.

Surely father will be pleased, he always wanted two sons. Once father told me that if he had two sons he'd be able to teach them all sorts of things that women can't be taught. I asked him what sort of things women couldn't be taught, and he simply laughed. I suppose that must've been because mother was there, and did not look very pleased with his words toward the feminine gender.

I realized Sasuke's bubbling sounds of approval slowly faded, and he fell asleep quicker than usual. I remember mother told me I hadn't slept all night as a newborn, I kept her up all night. The memory made me chuckle lightly. I carefully placed Sasuke back into her arms, admiring the look of peacefulness on both their faces.

Moments later father had finally arrived. He rushed in, most likely thinking mother was still in labor, and sighed deeply once seeing my baby brother in her safe arms. She laid calmly, resting until fully recovered. He looked toward me and grinned softly, his elder features looking mature and relaxed, "it's over."

I nodded sympathetically.

He looked down on Sasuke, and a rare smile crept onto his face, small, but still very real. His large hands gently caressed Sasuke's plump cheek, making the newborn giggle in his sleep a bit. Perfect was exactly the word to describe him. Although in my personal opinion, any newborn is perfect. They're pure and new, untouched by the sins that surround the world.