#2 (Ayato X Reader)

Song: Breakeven- The Script
Angst

Still alive but I'm barely breathing, just prayed to a God that I don't believe in...

Ayato drew in a shaky breath as the clutched his head in his room at the Aogiri headquarters. It's been a month since he broke up with
(Y/N). A month since he cheated. A month since a piece of his heart broke off.

'Cause I got time while she freedom. 'Cause when a heart breaks it don't break even, even, no...

Ayato watched (Y/N) from the rooftop, he watched (Y/N) and a friend laugh together. He envied the freedom she had after the break up. As she left through the front door, she brought a piece with her.

Her best days were some of my worst
She finally met a man that's gonna put her first

(Y/N) smiled as she bumped into a guy. As (Y/N) started talking, she smiled, Ayato clenched his fists that his knuckles turned white. He drew in a shaky breath and released his knuckles. He clutched his head and shook his head in disbelief that she's found someone new. Someone to take care of her.

While I'm wide awake she's no trouble sleeping
'Cause when a heart breaks no it don't break even... Even... No

Ayato laid awake on his hard bed. Thinking about... Her. He turned over, a single tear flying down his face, drifting into darkness, drifting into eternal lonliness.

What am I supposed to do when the best part of me was always you?
And what am I supposed to say when I'm all choked up and you're OK?

Ayato wandered the streets aimlessly, thinking. "Oh sorry!" Mumbled a girl. Ayato glanced up, a breath hitched in his throat as he couldn't mutter a word. "Ayato...?" (Y/N) paused. "How you've been...?" She muttered awkwardly. "Hey baby!" A man walks up to (Y/N) and hugs her waist. A pit of jealousy swells up in Ayato's stomach. "Goodbye...
(Y/N)..." Ayato mumbled as he walked away, leaving (Y/N) with her boyfriend.

I'm falling to pieces, yeah,

Ayato stuffed a pillow onto his face as he yelled. The pillow muffling his sobs. He shook his head in disbelief. It's been 3 years, and he hasn't gotten over her. You. The letter fluttered to the cold floors which were partially covered with salty tears.

Dear Ayato, you are invited to the wedding of (G/N) and (Y/N)!

Maybe... Maybe he just lost the one person that can love him. Gone. Forever. Over her. You. The letter fluttered to the cold floors which were partially covered with salty tears. The one person who can love him.

Unedited
06/12/2016
By Anna ArtisticWisdom