Chapter 2

A/N: Sorry I can't bold this, I'm on my iPod. This chapter contains some traumatic content, I guess. Does that count as a trigger warning? Regardless, you've been warned. Enjoy!

*****

Eliza's POV

I was at home. It was maybe 6pm, and I was doing my homework at my desk in my room. My younger siblings, Cameron and Amelia, were playing in the living room. They sound louder and less civilized than usual, I thought to myself as I grabbed my folder from my backpack. I don't remember having these Twilight folders before. I hadn't read Twilight since middle school. I ignored it, although everything seemed odd about my room. The posters that once held the faces of The Ramones, The Smiths, and Led Zeppelin were now replaced with The Jonas Brothers, Justin Bieber, and Miley Cyrus- before the haircut. It was as if I was back to the old me, before everything changed.

Suddenly, the door to our apartment slammed, shaking the entire house. Only my mother's ex-boyfriend could make such an entrance. His name was Robert, but everyone called him Rob. I hadn't seen him in years, after we moved.

"Margaret Stonehill, get your ass over here!" I could recognize that unnerving voice from anywhere; this was definitely Rob. What the hell was he doing here? He isn't allowed to see any of us anymore. Why is he looking for mom?

I heard a loud slap, then an outcry. He was beating my mother again. This was a common routine of his when they were together, but they broke up years ago. I usually never stopped him from beating her before, but for some reason I had enough of his abuse. I opened my bedroom door to confront him, but something was different. I didn't feel my age; I felt 12 rather than 16.

"Stop it." I said, trying to be strong and tough, even though on the inside I was petrified. He wouldn't beat me, would he?

He looked over at me and flashed a terrifying grin, like the Cheshire Cat.

"What are you gonna do to stop me, sweetheart? You better watch yourself, don't think you are going to be treated differently than your worthless mother."

I hated when he called me sweetheart. It creeped me out. By this time, I was infuriated. I charged him with all of my might, not even thinking out the consequences.

Then it hit me. Or should I say, he hit me. I fell to the ground, but instead of crying I began yelling at him. I couldn't make any words; only loud sounds. I felt something come over my face, and before I could react, Everything went black again.

*****

I was in my bedroom now, laying on my bed. I must have passed out last night, I thought to myself. I reached to wipe my eyes, but my face hurt to the touch. I guess he wasn't lying when he said I would be treated equally. I was cold, and realized I was naked. He couldn't have...

He came back into my room unannounced. I was embarrassed, and hurriedly tried to cover myself with my blankets.

He chuckled to himself, with that same sinister smile plastered across his face as he looked at me, his eyes full of lust. "I already saw everything last night, sweetheart, no need to be modest now."

I looked at him, confused, partially in denial. He couldn't have... but he did.

He started walking towards me again, beginning to unzip his pants. I realized what he was about to do, and I couldn't stop it. "No! Stop, please!" I begged of him, but it was no use. I closed my eyes, hoping to forget everything.

I felt someone shaking me, and could hear shouts coming from a man.

"Eliza, wake up please! Are you alright? What happened?"

It was Brett.

Thank God, It was Brett.

*****

A/N : So what do you guys think so far? Do you like the characters? I was going to wait until I got a few more readers, but I'm going to try to update every few days regardless. Please comment, vote, let me know how you feel! See you soon :)