Madame Tussauds

As I entered the hall, I looked at the statues of the famous celebrities- their lifelike appearances and the number of adoring fans surrounding them made it feel as if they were actually there. When I looked at the statue in the corner, I did not recognise it and for a moment, I felt that it was staring at me. When I looked at it more closely, I observed that it was a statue of a man in his early 30's. The statue was thin and had a black moustache that covered its thin lips. I had not finished analysing the figure, when my father called me and drew my attention towards the celebrities. I stood with the statues of the eminent film stars and my father quickly took our photograph. While my father edited the photographs, I looked back to have a glance at the statue again when I noticed that it had blinked its eyes. Immediately, I shrieked ' Dad, the statue winked!' 

When the others heard my cry, they laughed out loud and mistook it as a joke. 'Haha, very funny someone exclaimed!'. I realised that no one believed me, so I walked past the statues of the glamorous celebrities and stood in front of that statue. Slowly, I took my hands towards its face, but before I could touch, it fell in front of me.

The other visitors heard the sound and darted towards me to see what had happened. They asked me several questions but I was unable to answer any of them. The query of the visitors was followed by the official inquiry of the guard who arrived at the scene within a few seconds. Everyone looked at me and expected me to say something, but I was still so dumbstruck, I fell short of words. As more people congregated there, I grew more agitated and adrenaline rushed through my blood. Summoning courage, I knelt down to pick it up and when I touched its hands, my heart stopped beating and my chest tightened. I realised it was only human when I felt its warm hands and heard 'its' heart beating. I was astounded and out of shock I fainted. 

When I regained consciousness, I was surrounded by people and among the huge crowd I noticed my father standing at the back. I slowly got up and turned back to see the television, which had caught everyone's attention. When I looked at it, my mouth fell open and I saw myself on the TV! Initially, I was confused, but later, I realised that a local TV channel which had a gag show had played a prank on me. The host had disguised himself as a statue to surprise unwary visitors to the museum. 

When I still look back to his trick, I realise that it was one of the most funniest things that ever happened to me.