Chapter 3

When we pulled up to his house I had to suppress a groan. It was big, not like a mansion but way bigger than an average house. It had a garden bordered stone path that lead up to the door. The house was built out of some sort of brick, and three stories with two windows facing the road on each floor.

"You done gawking?" Damien chuckled.

I scowled and mumbled, "Yeah. Whatever."

He frowned and said,"Come on. We'll go through the back because that door is always unlocked."

I followed him around the house and onto a large patio connected to the house. Two sliding glass doors were on the left side. There was also another pair on a higher deck. I'm guessing those lead to the master bedroom.

He opened the glass doors and I followed him into a kitchen. It had an island in the middle with bar stools on one side. There was every and any kitchen appliance in existence somewhere in this room. Damien motioned for me to come over by the island. I did and was mildly surprised when he picked me up and set me on the counter.

He gave me a mischievous grin. "I'll be right back, you stay here."

He left through a door that swung inside and outside of the room. God, this house had everything! I saw a dinning room inside of a salmon pink room. It was across from where I was sitting on the counter. I hopped down and walked into the room.

It was very elegant with gorgeously carved wood and flowers in the middle of the table. A statue of an angel stood in one corner of the room. Though it's face was neutral, it seemed to frown at me. I knew I was supposed to stay put, but I was so curious!

I continued in to the next room and saw that directly across the table to the other side of this room, a giant flat screen tv was mounted on the wall. A leather couch was parallel to the tv, an armchair and love-seat diagonally aimed. it was impressive. Underneath the tv was a glass cabinet filled with movies.

I turn to the next exit and saw a glass door across the hall. It looked like an office. That'd be too invading... I skipped over that door and looked up the stairs. I could go snoop some more, or take this hallway back to the kitchen and wait for Damien. I chose the first option and snuck up the stairs, freezing at the top.

A door was open, light spilling into the otherwise dark hallway that eventually lead to the third story flight of stairs. I knew he was in there so I took the first door on the left, ducking inside. It was obvious as soon as I entered that I shouldn't have. I walked in a circle around the room and took it in. There were trophies in a cabinet across from a bed with blue comforter.

Posters of teams and bands were on the wall, a hamper in one corner, and a closet by the trophy cabinet. A few stray dirty clothes lay on the floor, a shirt hanging out of an opened dresser drawer. I much as I liked studying his room, I knew I should leave. I opened the door and backed out slowly, quietly shutting it behind me. I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding and turned around walking straight into a hard chest.

Damien crossed his arms. "Thought I told you to stay downstairs?"

"I'm so sorry. I was just really curious and-"

"Save it." Anger flashed in his eyes.

His rudeness caused my anger to awaken. "Well what would you do if a stranger took you home, told you to stay in the kitchen, and then left you all alone!"

Shock registered on his face. "Fair enough, I might have snooped..."

I smirked and gave a shrug. "Besides it's not like I wanted to go into your room, it was just the first one I saw."

He grinned at that. "Please, you wish I would willing let you in my room."

"Ha!" I laughed. "You must be high, Turk. I wouldn't go in there if I knew you were in there too."

"Oh really?" His eyes were challenging as I noticed our close proximity. He grinned again and stepped back. "Alright let's go get you cleaned up."

I nodded as he took my hand, leading me back to the kitchen. He set me onto the counter again and started dabbing my cuts with rubbing alcohol. "Ouch!"

"Well if you hadn't got in a fight in the first place I wouldn't have to be doing this." Damien practically growled.

"And who ever said you had to do this in the first place?" I shot back, venom dripping from my words. He flinched. "Yeah, that's what I thought."

"Your friends should've stopped you." He mumbled. "But no, all girls love drama."

Took the ice pack I was holding against the side of my face- turns out she didn't get my eye, but very close to it- and threw it at him. He jumped back and I hopped off the counter, walking straight to the front door.

He called my name but I just kept walking. No one can insult my friends but me. I looked around and realized I had no idea where I was. I grabbed my phone seeing over 50 missed calls from different people and sighed. Holding the home button, I waited for Siri to answer me.

"How can I help you, babe?" Siri asked. Oops. I forgot to change that back. I made Siri a man and had him call me babe last night with Kyla.

"Show me how to get home Siri." I answered.

"Here are directions home, babe."

"Thanks."

With that, I started walking the 2 miles home.

~

When I walked through the front door to my small house, my 3 year old sister ran into my knees. It was meant to be a hug but oh well. Yelling sounded in the other room. I sighed and started to my room.

"Where have you been missy?!" My mom yells at me in the kitchen.

"Yes I'm fine, don't worry about my mental and/or physical condition," I responded.

Her eyes narrowed. se turned back to Kara, my little sister, and continued her rant. I shrugged at Kara's questioning glance and traveled down the hall to my room. Once inside, I walked to my rabbit's cage and pulled Dasher out. "Grooming time, bud."

His happy aura seemed to dim.

~

Soooooo???? How was it? Who likes Damien, raise your hand! Haha I had a ton of fun writing this and I hope you got a feel for all the characters in the book. Love all you nut-balls! Comment, Vote, Share!!!

HA<3