Chapter 22: The Hospital

(Katelyn's POV)
I opened my eyes, blinded by the light.
I shielded my eyes as I looked to my left, seeing my parents sitting down in chairs next to me.
"Hey Katelyn..." My mom says with a small smile.
My dad has tears in his eyes. "Hi honey." He says, placing a hand on my left arm.
"Hi..." I say softly, feeling my face throb a little.
I heard the door open and saw a nurse. "Katelyn, you have some visitors."
I nodded with a small smile.
My parents stood up and went out of the room to sit in the hallway while Andrew, Norman, Steven... Basically everyone came in the room.
But where's Chandler?
"Where's Chandler?" I asked them.
"He should be coming here soon."
Then I heard footsteps running in the halls. They grew louder and louder.
The door was open, so I can see the nurse trying to block someone.
"Let me through. I have to see her." That sounded like Chandler.
"You can't see her until everyone is out of the room." The nurse simply says.
"We'll visit you later, alright kiddo?" Steven asked with a smile.
I nodded and watched everyone walk out of the room.
"Alright. You can visit her now." The nurse says before walking off, the clicking of her heels against the floor growing fainter.
I saw Chandler peek in, and I could tell that he was crying. His eyes were puffy and red, and tears stained his cheeks.
He walks in and sits down on the chair closest to the bed and grabs my hand.
"I was beginning to think that you weren't going to make it..." He says in a soft voice.
I shrug. "I'm very lucky, aren't I?"
He nods, smiling a little, but his smile fades after a few seconds.
"It's my fault that you're in the hospital... It's my fault that you're in this mess..." He mutters.
I shake my head. "No it's not. The truck driver didn't see us. It was his fault. Not yours."
He grips my hand tighter, letting out some tears. "It's my fault... It's all my fault..." He repeats.
I sigh and smile, pulling him in a hug. "It's okay... I'll be okay..." I mutter.
Chandler got out of the hug. "It's not okay... You could've died. If you died, I wouldn't know what I'd do without you..." He pauses for a second, wiping his eyes. "I love you Katelyn. More than anything. Even more than Brianna."
The next thing I knew, he kisses me on the lips. It was a light and soft kiss...
He let's go after a minute or two went by, smiling slightly, our faces inches apart.
"I love you." He murmurs.
"I love you too." I say with a small smile.
Silence hung the air...
A minute went by.
Two minutes...
Three...
"Chandler?!?" I heard Brianna's voice cry out.

~~~
Cliffhanger!!
What do you guys think about the book so far?
Comment!
Vote!