3 년

I know ya'll won't read this but this is the story of how I became a fan of BTS. I just wanted to type this because they're having their 3rd anniversary. It's okay if you don't read this. It's just I am proud of where they are rn. Okay I'll stop before I get too emotional.

3 YEARS. I remember the first time I heard about them through my close friend. She's fangirling hard over this 7-membered boy group, her bias is this tall rapper whom I thought is a mix of 2NE1's CL and EXO's Baekhyun when she showed me his picture on a fan meeting. I didn't care about them 'cause I already had EXO that time. I didn't know multifandom was/is a thing. I watched MAMA 2014 for EXO's and BIGBANG's perfomance and this 7-membered boy group had a stage along with BLOCK B. This dancer who ripped his shirt got my fangirl attention but I didn't gave the group much attention since I'm loyal to EXO. I had this classmate who's a huge fan of them, her bias is the youngest member. She'd have badge of the members' faces all over the strap of her backpack and I was like, "Di naman halatang gusto mo sila (It's not obvious that you like them)." in a sarcasm tone She laughed at it. Every break, she would dance to their songs. My friend said, "Tignan mo na sila, ang galing kaya nila (Look them up, they're good)." And I remember responding to her statement saying, "Ayoko, di ako magiging fan nila. Never (I don't want to. I'm not gonna be a fan of them. Never)." One night, I was scrolling through my youtube subscriptions and this twin that is covering KPOP dances covered one of their songs. I checked it out since I'm also intrigued by the group's song since many KPOP fans are swooning over it. There's only one thing running in my mind that time and that is THIS SONG IS LIT AF, I NEED TO SEE THIS DANCE ASAP and so I did. I searched for the song DOPE and watched it's MV and I was impressed, the guys were all good looking, have their own charm and talent. It's the first song that I heard from them intentionally, that I searched for it. They're not THAT mainstream that time as they are rn. At 2:00 o'clock in the morning, I found myself watching through their videos, AHL was my thing, the bombs, covered songs, watching pre-debut videos from their youtube channel. I went to school and I said to my close friend, "Bruhh, it's official, malapit na akong maging A.R.M.Y. (Bruhh, it's official, I'm close to being an A.R.M.Y.)." and she said, "Tsk, sabi sayo e (Tsk, I told you)." I ate my words when I said I won't be their fan and look where I am rn, fangirling at everything that they do. It's a pity that I can't go to their concert since my parents won't allow me but I will still support them, buy their merchs/albums (even though they're expensive as hell and I need to save money for that), tweet about them and love them. I love them as much as I love my first group EXO that's why whenever I see a fanwar between the two fandoms, it hurts me.

First time I saw all of them, confused with their names and faces, their positions and their ages and now I can even tell who's leg is that. It's hard to pick a bias from them. I went to Suga to Jimin and now I settled to Jin. He's my cute little pink princess with a broad shoulder. I don't go overboard and be delusional about my fave groups. I know my limitation as a fan. If they found someone who'll love them, cherish them and make them happy then I am happy.

I love being an ARMY, I love BTS. I am and will always be their fan.