Chapter One - Letting Go

I stared blankly at my phone screen, using every last ounce of my energy trying not to burst into tears. My heart felt heavy, and a wave of nausea washed over my body. I read over the text again,

"I cheated on you... With Tylyza ..."

"I didn't mean to... I'm so sorry."
"All I did was chat her up and ask for nudes..."

"I'm so sorry..."

"I love you..."

If I wasn't completely struck with shock I may have laughed at his pathetic text messages. I always found it funny how a guy can continue to claim he is in love with you, but do foolish things like cheat, lie, and back stab you.

The last year and a half I've been trapped in this relationship with a boy who obviously doesn't hold any affection for me. In all sixteen months of this sorry excuse for a relationship I've found myself hurt constantly by the one I love.

Every week, for a very long time, ive been working so hard on convicing myself that the guy I love with all my heart feels the same about me... The saddest thing about it is that ive kept up this illusion to please myself. Instead of opening my eyes to the truth I held a blind fold over my own eyes. Its ridiculous... That I personally had to trick myself into believing a lie because I was scared and ashamed of the truth.

This hasn't been the first incident either. In the first four months of our relationship day in and day out Mitchell would sit on some gaming platform flirting with every female who entered his game. I'm disappointed in myself for ignoring the early warning signs. He told me, "I cant help it. Its natural for me to be flirty with the opposite sex." How I shrugged that off is beyond me.

Back then I was close with his best friend, some Greek kid. Around Mitchell and I fourth month anniversary Sakis had confessed to me about Mitchells indiscretions. It turns out that Mitchell had kept one of the girls he met via a gaming platform. Sakis confessed some things to me that felt like a stab to the heart. Mitchell had been continuously chatting up this unknown gamer girl named Kate. He talked to her via snapchat. It turns out that Mitchell had been telling Kate aweful things like, "I cant wait until you come up here and I can fuck you." Ridiculous things similar to that. It was my second warning sign, but still I purposely pulled the blind fold over my eyes again, ignoring the painful truth.

I had some personal issues with a group of girls. They found entertainment in spreading rumours about me and making my life a living hell became a game to them, a game they played well. There was two girls in particular, Courtney and Kit.
It turned out Mitchell and Kit had a past, and the past came back to bite me in the ass. Id say about five months into the relationship he had gone behind my back and they became more than "just friends". What a ridiculous phrase, "Just friends". Used as if no one actually understood the meaning behind it. No girl ever believes the pathetic excuse, and as soon as the word "just" is put in front, its an obvious indication of a mans deceit.

He cheated on me... with this pretty talented girl that I knew I had no chance competing with. It began with typical flirting, as per usual. It escalated to a point where he was telling Kit day in and day out that he didn't love me... he didn't want me. Instead of breaking it off with me he went behind my back and cheated. He told me he loved me every day, and even though I knew he didn't mean it, I still put him first... and I allowed myself to fall even more. It literally got to a point where Mitchell and Kit were planning to lose their virginities with each other, mind you all Mitchell and I had done at this point was kiss! Nudes were exchanged, a meet up was planned and before I knew it Mitchell didn't have me in his arms... he had her. It got sexual... I guess I must not have been good enough... right... wasn't even worth telling the truth too... for he never told me! I found out myself... almost a year later...