Chapter III: Puberty

-----------------------------------------

"My own feeling is that if adultery is wickedness then so is food. Both make me feel so much better afterward."
- Kurt Vonnegut, Hocus Pocus.

-----------------------------------------------

6:30

I really hate alarms, but this time it felt different. I opened my eyes and listened attentively and effervescently to the song which I set on the alarm before I got up steadily, I really can't remember which song or tune I set on the alarm but I remember that I was feeling like I never felt before! I had so much vivacity that day, I entered the bathroom, washed my face and brushed my teeth. And I enthusiastically got out of the house, the morning breeze wasn't cold but refreshing and energetic instead. I didn't even have my breakfast, I guess I was just too excited to go to school again and make a ruckus in the classroom, hear and see everybody laugh from my silly jokes. For some reason it always gets me fired up. I head for Oussama's house with ecstasy, his house was just behind the high-school where I lived in, my dad was the director of the high-school so we lived in a functional house. The only troublesome thing there is to it, is that I have to go around the high-school to get to his house, and it was a really long way because this high-school has the largest territory a high-school owns in the city, and the walls encircled all of it.

Knock Knock, I stand in front of the house waiting for Oussama to come out. The door gets opened slowly and he's sleep walking, his eyes are closed and his hair is all messy, and he's shirtless.

"Just another day of October huh?" I try to mutter. I doubt he even heard me as he opened one eye and replied :
"Oh, come on in !" I enter the house and I close the door, as he walks like a zombie to the apartment. He's so lucky his parents gave him a whole floor to live in alone. He walks me to his small living room and he went to wash his face. I didn't care about the table nor the couch , the only thing I was able to look at is that fat big TV and the Playstation in front of it. I started checking his videogames... He enters the room with his face still tired even after he washed it, and he says :

"Dude, do you even sleep ?" I start laughing and I reply:

"I don't know what got to me I usually wake up at seven thirty..."

He looked up at the clock that is hanged on the hallway and said:

"It's seven o'clock, Wait here Imma go grab something to eat"

I heard him walk up the stairs as I lied down on that couch and started looking at the sky through the window, well this is just one thing i have to say.. this is a dangerous habit, once you start doing it, you'll never let go of it. it never ruined my moments, on contrary it just makes them more amazing. Looking up at the sky and watching those clouds run and joggle, sometimes it just sleeps near the sun as it forms different shapes.

Oussama came back with a plate of tea and something to eat. he puts it down on the table and I say : "Are those the only videogames you got?"

"Yeah guitar hero is the best one of them, let's eat "

We started eating ... "Pass me some bread" I passed him the bread and I say in a confident tone:

"I hate those kind of games, the story makes the game, guitar hero doesn't have a story, it's just addictive for dumb people"

"So you're a grand theft auto fan"

"That's too mainstream, I got other favorites like far cry, max payne, call of duty... y'know there's much other"

We finished eating and he was astonished by how much I ate and he said :"You sure eat a lot... and I thought you don't eat at all"
I replied "Yeah I hear that a lot" as I remember that time when all of our family was gathered and we ate dinner and i was the last one on the table, I just couldn't stop eating. And they were astonished a ate a lot too and they were laughing on me. It became pretty much an insult for me. Yeah I eat much and I'm so small, deal with it people, THIS IS WHAT FATE WANTED FOR ME.
Even though, I was wrong that time. I shouldn't blame fate for everything that happens to me. Even if it's how the world works.