Part 1

"Ashley Frangipane?"

"Here"

"Josh Dun?"

"Here"

"Um....Tyler Joseph?"

Silence followed Mr. Michaels words. The entire class whipped around to stare at the boy sitting in the corner of the quaint classroom.

Tyler looked up from whatever he was scribbling on the page and immediately dived into self consciousness. He hated having all of the attention on him.

"Tyler please answer me" Mr. Michaels said softly. The young, anxiety-riddled boy sat up a bit straighter and cleared his throat.

"I-i I'm h-he-ere," Tyler stuttered out. 

The school's most intimidating jock, Nick Anderson, chuckled at the smaller boy's stuttering. He nudged his friends and whispered something to them, causing them to laugh quietly.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Anderson is there a problem?" The teacher questioned angrily as he glared at the boys. Nick mumbled a 'no' and then smirked mockingly at Tyler.

Tyler let out a sad sigh and continued to draw on his paper.

From the front of the class Josh sat there with a rather curious face. He often wondered what Tyler's deal was. It wasn't rare that Josh tried to see what the younger boy was so concentrated on, what he was drawing.

His mother had always told him that the quietest people always have the loudest minds. Seldom did he doubt this and it was the fuel of his curiosity towards the brown haired boy.

"Alright class, time for your English assignments!" Mr. Michaels shouted happily as if he were trying to snap Josh out of his trance.

"I have paired each of you up with a writing buddy, you will be pen pals. You won't sign your name on the letter though so this will be anonymous. I will keep a small box up here for each of you and you will personally hand the letters to me. Then I will place those letters in your partner's box and that is how they will receive it." The very happy teacher said as he walked around the classroom. Tyler was now paying full attention.

He liked the idea of telling someone his feelings without judgement. Maybe this would be a way to save himself from well...himself. By opening up to an anonymous person, all of his worries finally wouldn't be weighing him down .

"Everyone may now leave class early, it's your first day back here after the  summer and you all look extremely tired. Tomorrow the assignments will begin." Mr. Michaels says and everyone gets up to leave.

Tyler quickly packs away all of his books and almost runs to the door. As he is about to leave Mr. Michaels calls him back. Tyler freezes in his tracks and slowly turns around.

"Tyler, did Nick say anything to you that may have hurt your feelings?" The concerned teacher said, leaning back onto the wooden teachers desk.

Tyler shook his head. Mr. Michaels could see straight through Tyler's lies but does not address the matter again. Instead, he changes the subject.

"Why don't you ever talk in class? I've seen your papers and stories and they are truly amazing. Why is it that a brilliant writer like you keeps quiet?" Mr. Michaels asks trying to boost the young boy's self esteem. after he realises that this did not happen. He sits on the desk, folding his arms across his chest.