Chapter 1: Blood Stained Knight

Disclaimer: I do not own Vampire knight or any characters from it. The only chacters I own are Amaya and her parents.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 1: The blood stained knight

The wind howled harshly on the cold, freezing night of December. The moon and stars were blocked by the thick clouds and cast a heavy darkness over the surrounding forest. The snow whipped up and swirled around like it was dancing with the harsh wind. The trees whined in distress as more snow fell on them or as the wind whipped at them. Some would say it was an unnatural storm, as if the Gods themselves were angered by some travesty that had taken place that night.

In the snow storm a figure could be seen. A small child, no older than nine, a little girl. She sat in the snow, covered in a deep red coat that looked too large for her. A small, white nightgown was what consisted of her clothing and brown boats cover her feet. Her long, deep brown hair played in the harsh wind and her blank mismatched eyes(the left a shining blue and the right a deep maroon) stared out in the black distance. Her pale skin looked almost ghostly compared to the pure white snow.

The girls mismatched eyes blinked slowly as she became aware of her surroundings. Slowly, the girl staggered to her feet, her glove covered hands catching a few snowflakes. She stared at the white flake, confusion appearing in her eyes.

‘Snow…’ Her mind conjured.

“What is snow?” She asked aloud, her voice that of a soft melody.

‘Something that is white…’ Replied her conscious.

“What is white?”

‘Something that is not red…’

“What is red…” She whispered, stumbling forward, stopping as something materialized in her vision. A sword stood out against the pure snow.

It’s black blade had a light that seemed to come from within and it silver handle flashed. The blade itself was intricate in its design as it was simple. It was at least 32 inches from the handle to the tip of the blade. It’s guard was flat and curved from the hand at an angel and then went straight down on both sides. It then had two more smaller pieces similar the the guard. The handle was straight and oval shaped with a clear, perfectly round crystal at the end and within the crystal was a single crimson red droplet. The blade flattened as it connected with the handle and then became slightly thicker. White kanji went down on side of the double edged black blade, spelling out the name Lucifer.

“Hello little girl…” Amaya looked up at the sinister voice and saw a man standing over her. She froze as she stared into his own with her mismatched ones and felt a dark aura suffocating her.

‘This being…’

“Are you lost?” He laughed, reaching down towards her.

‘…a maddening, evil thing…’

“Let me…help you.” A hares breathe away, fangs flashed in the little light available. The clouds moved ominously and slowly the moons light begin the break through.

‘…these beings are beast in human skin…’

“No…stay away.” She back, grabbing onto the sword in front of her, shaking hard.

“Your blood…let me have IT!” The man lunged.

‘…they are…’