Dreaming of the devil

This is the third and last story of my devil series.  Hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it xx

The wedding was so close. We only had a year to go until the date we had decided on. 25th March. Me and Brax had decided that he would invite his parents up to meet me at my birthday lunch later today. I was so excited Brax had arranged so many nice things for me. He told me as he brought in some chocolatey coated pancakes.  But before the lunch Brax was taking me ring shopping, I am so excited. It was finally happening. Setting off it was surprisingly warm for september so I was wearing a knee length dress in baby blue. Brax spun me into the little shop, he didn't want to go to a franchise which was okay I love little quaint shops. A man came out and stared at us a bit weirdly until Brax introduced himself then his whole features changed into a smile as he bowed "your majesty". At least he knew who Brax was, it would save me from feeling so awkward as he looked at us wondering why we were getting married so young. Brax led me over to a sofa and sat down pulling me onto his lap. Thrills ran through me as I came into contact with his chest as his arms slid around my waist holding me in place. The man introduced himself as Trion as he brought out case after case of rings. They were all different styles, gold, silver, diamonds, rubies and emeralds all glittering up at me. That when I saw one over on a different case, it was rather antique looking it had small crystals going round the outside and a small circular diamond placed in the middle. Brax peered over my shoulder as he signalled Trion over. "This is the one, Trion" he said. I just smiled as Trion handed it to Brax, who in turn slid it onto my outstretched hand.
   "I don't know what to wear, Brax help me please" chuckling he walked in, rummaged through my clothes and picked out a pale pink knee length lace dress and a pair of white kitten heels. "They match right, you'll look beautiful in anything" Kissing me on the cheek he stepped out of the room to let me get changed. Brax looked amazing as we walked to meet his parents. He had changed into a pale green suit with a pink shirt. I loved him all the more for the little things he does for me. We had arrived a little early so the maître de  showed us to the table, "Brax, I love you" he was so surprised the shock clearly showed on his face. "I love you too but why the sudden outburst" "I'm just worried that your parents might not like me and I just wanted you to know that I love you more than anything in the world". Before Brax could answer his parents arrived at our table. His parents looked normal, I don't know what I had expected but they looked so normal and they were so friendly to me. They both squeezed me into bear hugs and we got on great the conversation flowed well and they told me all these stories about Brax as a child. I couldn't help it but it just made me feel so lonely, my parents had never felt this way about me. The tears came and I ran to the bathroom before anybody else could see them. Trisha (Brax's mother) came in and kept apologising for making me upset. It just made me cry more. Thats when I heard Brax come in "Mum, can you leave us for a moment please" I heard the door shut and ran into Brax's arms. He wrapped his arms around me and just held me. "Baby, whats wrong, Jem honey please". "I'm sorry Brax, I don't know what came over me. It just reminded me of my parents and how much of a failure they think I am. They have never loved me or even hugged me. When your parents spoke to me about your childhood it just reminded me of all the things my parents will never do. I'm sorry I think I'm okay now. I didn't mean to ruin your day"
   " Jem, you could never ruin this day. Plus, I'm the one who should be sorry. Here you are crying on your birthday. Come on lets go back out the cake will be arriving soon". Coming back to the table I didn't even have time to do anything before the cake came out. "Its beautiful" It really was, it was a three tier cake, it was pale pink at the bottom going up to a darker pink on top. Decorating it was golden swirls and white hearts. At the top was a small fondant sculpture of me. It was so nice. It was a red velvet cake-my favourite.
   Getting back home Brax put the remaining cake into the fridge then came and joined me on the sofa. "I hope you enjoyed today and I was just thinking about the wedding. I just want to know that its what you want." "Of course its what I want Brax I love you but I mean if you don't want to then ..." He silenced me with a kiss. Before wandering over to the tv and putting on Dirty Dancing. Leaning on the edge of the sofa Brax handed me a neatly wrapped box. "Brax, you didn't have to get me anything". "Just shut up and open it" he laughed at me.  Opening it I saw the most beautifully personalised notebook and photo album set. The notebook had intricate swirls and hearts twisting around the words Jemima Anderson. The photo album had little sequins in different colours going around the outside with the words live laugh love. Love was in a deep red colour to stand out from the others. I wrapped my arms around him and pressed my lips to his. Bringing me to lie against him he brought the blanket up around us as baby and Johnny perform at the mamba.
   Brax had to go out the next day so I sat around and looked at wedding dresses until there was a knock on the door. Brax and his wedding party had gone to be fitted for suits. I was stunned to see Tammy and all my other friends excited and dragging me into their car. As we drove off they explained how Brax had told them everything and they were here to take me wedding dress shopping.
   Walking into the shop it was like a little girls paradise. White and ivory dresses filled every available place. A woman walked up to me and introduced herself as Mary, she told me she knew about my situation and would help me pick the perfect gown. We went through the racks and picked out some gowns I liked and then we went up to the fitting rooms. Trying on the dresses I felt pretty but none of them gave me that feeling. Going back through the racks I found a dress right at the back of one of the racks. Trying it on I felt that overwhelming feeling of love and happiness. I felt so beautiful, the dress was perfect. Mary wrapped it up and said that the bill had been taken care of and would I like to see the accessories.
   Leaving the store I had a dress which was in alterations, a small crystal tiara and veil and a pair of ivory satin kitten heels. I felt ecstatic like I was on cloud nine.
   Getting home Brax brought out two hot chocolates and a coffee for our wedding planner, Mina. Mina had already got most of the wedding sorted, we had a colour scheme of champagne and ivory, a wedding meal and the location sorted. We were getting married in a large church and had our reception venue at Brax's parents house. They were quite important people really apparently they had similar jobs to my parents. Mr Anderson was a senator like my father and Mrs Anderson was actually a leader of a world charity. Mina was just here to double check the guest list. It had been a hard decision deciding whether or not to invite my family. In the end I had decided that they were still my family and if they showed up I would welcome them. If they didn't then I would ignore it because I have Brax, he is my new family now, he is my everything.
   It was finally here. The day where me and Brax would become one. I find it amusing that we had to change the traditional vows as God is not a huge thing for Brax and the rest of the demons in attendance. At least Mr Anderson had found a church which would allow them to step in for the ceremony. Getting ready I was completely dressed with my makeup done and was just having my hair done as I heard someone enter the room. "Well aren't you pretty darling. A little young but still pretty. At least your marrying well, maybe you'll turn out alright after all" I can't believe she had the nerve to come here and act like she knew best. "Thank you mother, the dress is so beautiful isn't it. Brax and I are so in love and his parents are so nice. Shame you couldn't be like them isn't it mum". My hair was done and with that Jamie and Brad practically bounced chirping "You ready Jem" Taking their arms they led me down the aisle. Seeing Brax turn round, I could see the love and happiness in his face. Soon I was in his arms as he held my hands. The ceremony went without a hitch as we pledged our lives to each other. At the end Brax spun me around and kissed me as he held me in a dip. It was so romantic it was perfect. The reception went well I found the best man speech hilarious and then it was my turn "I wanted to thank you all for coming and sharing in mine and Brax's story. I love him and will spend the rest of my life trying to make him happy. I would also like to thank Tammy, Jamie and Brad who helped me so much with my time at Kelly Rose." Tears spilled down my cheeks as I finished my speech. Raising my glass I started the toast "To love may it be eternal" Hearing the resounding echo my heart leapt. "To love". I love him and he loves me. Our love will last all eternity.
   From Hell with love
         Jemima and Brax Anderson x