Chapter 2

GUYS THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR OVER 100 READS OMG ILY

----------------------------------------------------

On my timetable, it says that I'm in pe first.

'Do you have any clothes to wear, we're doing gymnastics right now' Emilie asks, I shake my head. 'You're in the same class as me, Adrianna, Louise and Danielle anyway, I'm sure someone will have something spare for you to wear.'

Luckily, Adrianna pulls out a faded Ramones shirt and some shiny leggings which look similar to disco pants. I have no gym shoes, so I decide to keep on my converse.

I manage to get into one of the few changing cubicles, as Brianna and her friends, Melina and Kate strut into the changing room. I'd rather the whole of the changing room didn't see the many scars all over my body.

Once I'm changed, I shove my things into my bag and leave the tiny cubicle, accidentally half bumping into a half naked Brianna with the door.

'Oh sorry' I mumble, taking in her perfect figure. I realise I'm staring when Kate and Melina start laughing.

'Are you a lesbian or something?' Brianna remarks, still not getting changed. Melina and Kate start sniggering even more, while in the background Louise and Emilie are motioning to me to get away from them.

I'm about to apologise, yet again, when my phone rings, saving me from further humiliation.

I look at the screen, and see that my mum is phoning.

'I... I.. Um, have to take this' I splutter and quickly walk out of the changing room, with Adrianna, Emilie, Danielle and Louise following me.

'Hey darling, how's school? Everything okay?' She asks.

'Mum' I whine. 'You can't just phone me in the middle of class, I'm about to go to gym'

'Okay honey, I love you'

'Love you too' I mumble.

I turn round to see a wide eyed Danielle.

'You're so lucky she didn't punch you to be honest, Brianna gets really aggressive.'

'Oh' I say, not really knowing what to say.

The gym hall is huge, painted white and red with some basketball nets on the walls.

I walk over to Louise, Emilie and Adrianna with Danielle, who are already stretching. Im about to join them, when a pretty woman, who looks about twenty, with blonde hair who yells 'EVERYONE INTO A PLACE ON THE FLOOR, IM YOUR NEW TEACHER, MY NAME IS MRS JONES AND THERE WILL BE NO SLACKING IN THIS CLASS, GOT IT?'

I stand in a space at the back of the hall beside Adrianna, and start copying the teacher's movements, including star jumps, and some weird forward roll type things.

'FIND A PARTNER, WE'RE PRACTISING HANDSTANDS' Mrs Jones yells.

I realise that I don't have a partner, as Emilie and Adrianna join each other, and Louise and Danielle join. They look at me apologetically, and I look around the hall for a partner. I see Kate and Melina being yelled at by Brianna, and she then yells 'MRS JONES, I NEED A PARTNER!'

Oh god, hide, hide now.

Run and hide.

Mrs jones sees me and points 'there's your partner, um this is...'

'Hayley' I say.

Brianna looks at me in disgust, and mutters 'no way in hell'

'NOW I WANT ONE OF YOU TO PRACTISE A HANDSTAND AGAINST THE WALL, AND YOU PARTNER WILL HELP YOU BY HOLDING UP YOUR FEET AND SUPPORTING YOU' Mrs Jones yells to the class.

Brianna stomps over to a wall, and looks at me expectantly.

I take that as a signal to do a handstand, so I crouch into a starting position against the wall, and kick my feet up.

'OH MY GOD OW' Brianna yells, and I realise I've kicked her in the face.

I land on the floor, just as her fist connects with my face, her yelling 'STUPID BITCH'