Chapter 1

Title: One Misstep Leads to Another
Author: xAwesomeNerdx
Pairing: -
Rating: G (will change from chapter to chapter)
Word Count: 1,516
Synopsis: ""
Status: Dead tired.
A/N: Dedicated to the 49 victims and their families in Orlando.

+++

A bar was the last place Akira wanted to be. He'd always find himself stuck conversing with one of the glamoured-up men or women that were there whenever he was forced to go out by his rather persistent friend, Yuu, on the occasional Friday night. Trying to wriggle his way out of conversations that were laced with innuendoes of things not to Akira's taste was like trying to get away from a pack of hungry female wolves on heat: deadly. Akira simply wasn't interested in any of that. Unlike what was "normal", Akira was uncomfortable with the whole intimate touching thing. Fact was, it made his skin crawl.

    Even as a child, Akira was very exclusive of whom he let touch him, so much so that not even his aunts and uncles were part of the short list of people allowed to hug him. Of course, as a child, Akira had no idea what was so wrong about refusing a hug or kiss, but it wasn't until he was older that he figured it out and learnt what was so apparently wrong with him.

    So right now, it was an exaggeration to say that Akira was enjoying the closeness of the pastel-haired stylist he was talking with, whose name he learnt to be Usuke. He was used to these types by now; innocent looking young boys and girls whose intentions weren't anything less than blasphemous.

    Akira took a step back from the suggestive brush the other man gave to his forearm, looking to formulate his escape to meet up with Yuu again. "Look, Usuke-kun," he stumbled, realising he'd trapped himself against the bar, several inhabitants surrounding and blocking all available exits. "You're really nice and all, but I'm not interested."

    Usuke's face flashed with something that Akira noted as offence, before it brightened to the flirtatious grin he wore prior. "Oh well, it's only for tonight anyway."

    Before Akira was able to protest otherwise, he'd found himself stuck between a pressing body and a glass counter bar. Hazel eyes fluttered shut and a slightly pouted mouth moved against his, though Akira stayed motionless while the other prodded his bottom lip with his tongue to gain more access to his mouth. Frozen in place, Akira could do nothing more than stand there wide-eyed and panicking. Just as he was about to push the others' hand away from the waistline of his jeans, Usuke's phone rang. Akira sighed inwardly, relieved that he could at last escape. However, Usuke continued touching and kissing him, moving his lips down to Akira's jawline instead.

    On the verge of snapping but not quite there, Akira stuttered, "A-aren't you going to get that?"

    "Mm, it can wait." Akira tensed immediately after Usuke's hands had wandered to the back of his jeans.

    Akira immediately pushed Usuke away, not noticing if he bumped other clubbers, uttering quickly, "I gotta go," and making his way off through the crowds to find Yuu.

    Akira wasn't new to these kinds of experiences; on the contrary, they happened quite often. He only wished that they didn't. Akira was uninterested in finding anyone to date at the moment, uninterested in the physical side of things, and his friends all knew that. But they still insisted on getting him back on the saddle after so many years of being single. So Akira humoured them by going out on the occasional date set up by Yuu. Like tonight's encounter; a young man Yuu had pointed out in hopes Akira would score.

    He couldn't be mad at Yuu for getting him into these messes, not at all. He knew his friend was only trying to be helpful, alas, his friends' attempts were always in vain. Akira remembered asking Yuu why he never scoped a club for a potential partner for himself, which earned him Yuu's rather suspicious reply, "don't worry about me, young one. I have all I need waiting for me at home." Akira was never sure which way to take that; that Yuu was dating someone unknown to him, or that he was going home to various sex-toys that Akira wouldn't be surprised that someone as eccentric as Yuu would own.