I lounged around with Clary around the van, taking in the buzzing of the people in the Pandemonium and the people going in, spotting a blue haired man carrying a sword in the distance. I turned back to Clary, who was now looking up at a man with blonde hair and tattoos.

"Wait, what's going on here? Clary, we talked about this." I warned Clary, unsure of the tattooed man. He looked at us as if we had another head.

"You can see me?" He asked, referring to both of us. I looked up, confused.

||||| eight hours earlier |||||

I woke up, the blinding sun ruining my vision. I was to wake up to live a dull life till the end of my days, to have a repetitive routine that benefits me yet completely bores me out of my mind, willing myself to finally stop the boring routine and live the rest of my life in a home for the elderly, or retiring with 30 kittens and a dog and drinking tea in the morning, anything that would tear me from such a horrid future, with little to no benefactors and such a torn and saddening lifestyle with no--

"Heavens almighty! Get up, Chris!" My sister, Clary, shouted. I groaned in response.

"I'm quite alright staying in bed!" I shouted back, cursing as I hit my head on the headboard. "What is with you and your extroverted personality?"

"It's called being normal, now get up and get dressed, mom doesn't want you late for your class!" Clary yelled back, and then her footsteps silenced.

I groaned again, and got up, entering the bathroom for a bath in which I always spend an hour in just thinking about my life choices and asking questions. Questions like, Why did I take up Criminal Justice? and Why did I piss off my mom two nights ago? Then I have different type of questions, as in why I've never seen myself blink, and what if Stephen Hawking was dead and that the computer was controlling his corpse. Interesting thoughts always flood my mind. Then I win arguments I will never have, and think of ways to be sassy when I know there will never be a moment in which my sass will be appreciated, and so I put in no effort. Then I use the 5 minutes left in my bathing time for actually bathing.

I got out of the bathroom, drying my hair and brushing it, then dressing up in the appropriate clothing for my classes; blue jeans and a black polo. It was a perfect outfit. I then put on my sneakers and left my room, carrying my trusty shoulder bag. I looked around to see that Clary had already left.

"Hey mom, I'm leaving now! See you later!" I called out. I heard a small 'Bye honey!' and was content with it.

I hadn't really introduced myself, have I? I'm Christine, or Chris. I'm 19 years old (happily older than Clary) with a knack for Criminal Justice. I like pillows and have this incredible ability of always losing things in my bag. I put in something in my bag, end up searching for it for minutes on end. It's ridiculous.

I walk to Prestige University, which was just a few blocks away from my house. Clary had already left for her art school (Which I still wonder why she took up art) while I'm on my way to my acceptance meeting, for Criminal Justice. As you can see, I want to become a private detective, that having been my life goal since I started thinking. Well, that isn't wholly true, since I wanted to be a fireman, but that's not the point. I'm finally at Prestige Uni, ready for nothing and unprepared for anything, willing to wing it.

|||||

I had been accepted into Prestige under the Criminal Justice branch, and I'm now a scholar for such an amazing branch. I've already got my very mundane future planned out for myself. Then I remembered to call Clary, who also was applying for art school.