I

Donning my usual mask I venture out into the frigid winter air. This night seems to have a particularly chilly breeze. I button my jacket up as I walk to the arranged meeting place. Supposedly a friendly meeting in order to obtain some information. More likely information as where to find the person who has the actual information I'm looking for. Regardless the arrangement was nessacary.

To kill the time I make a phone call to Quinn. The idiot could have given me more specific directions rather than simply "the dock." I still understood what he had meant at least. I'm blaming it on too much time spent around his vague dumbassery.

"Hello?"

"It's me. Next time you could be more specific about where to go." I answer.
"Oh, you knew what I meant." He sighs, tired of going through the same old arguement again. "My genius does not reflect on your poor navigation skills." I quip. "Is this the only reason you called?" He asks mildly annoyed. "No. I need some more information on this guy I'm meeting. You never even mentioned his name." "A reasonable request for once." Quinn mutters. "Oh, just give me what I asked for." I grumble impatiently. "The man's name is Jack." Not that I actually believe that be his name but formalities and all. After all I'm saying up in a mask and won't actually speak, I type my responses into the phone instead. I'd rather not risk my cover being blown. Any precautions are essential.

"Any other important details I should know?" I ask. "Hm, he owns a small butcher's shop on 3rd street." "Lovely. At least I won't have to be surprised when he pulls a meat cleaver on me." "Do let me know if that happens, or at least have him send me a finger or soemthing." Quinn laughs. "Gladly, you can have my middle finger so I can eternally flip you off." "I'd expect no less." "Anyway I'm at the dock now so I'll let you go. Call me in 20 minutes. If I don't answer, feel free to assume I'm dead and have my dinner." I can hear a faint cheer of "yes" as I hang up.

Walking down the narrow alleyway I spot a stubby figure leaned against the wall. "I take it you're the Phantom then?" He huffs. I nod my head. "Hmph, well what do you want to know? I ain't got a long time. We need to speed this up." He grumbles. Frowning I type my reply. "A missing value. You had a boss you once spoke of having a large box sent, correct? I need the ship name or his contact information. You'll be paid after providing want is asked. I'd you lie be warned you will be found." "Yeah, yeah, no worries,no funny business, -uh sir? Anyway I can give you his number. I wouldn't know the name. But this guy would for sure. He's a real fancy smancy, rich business type guy." He says nervously. Perhaps the threat unnerved him seeming as plenty of murders had been pinned on me. Not to say I have never killed. I guess the fear may have been justified. I take the phone number the man scralled down on a torn piece of paper. Slightly dampened by the sweat on his grubby hands. Disgusting...

Soon after I leave the docks the phone goes off.

"Ring, ring. Do I get dinner from a dead Camilla?" He sings. "Ha ha, very amusing. Unfortunately for you the guy was just some average, shady thug. He got hired for wealthy businessman. He left out for what but it wasn't hard to tell he was -erm security and allowed to use extensive measures." I laugh. "Lovely. I see you wore the full mask today too." Quinn trails off. "Can't risk getting caught." I reply bluntly. "That's the original as well. You gave quite the collection going on now. Three masks now right. You know the rest of us usually only have one." "I have many uses for each. And it's only two." I say defensively. Honestly I'd just grown a bit addicted to the masks I had obtained. Each one seemed to have a different persona to take on as well. My favorite and typical one was a full face, white mask with inky black tears running down the eyes. A plain and simple design but it's appearance speaks for itself.

As each was crafted during a different time, each mask expresses a different emotion. The crying mask was made in a time of mourning, hence it mimics sorrow. The next was a black and white combination with a long white point on the long side and a short black half that stopped after about my nose. Topped off with some etched in black cracks in the side. I was quite fond of the workmanship on either.

I place them both masks in their box and head over to Quinn so he doesn't take my meal. I've learned not to be late to dinner with him around. As I turn the corner from my room I can see him reaching over the table to grab my bread roll. Shaking my head I chide myself for being so late. To prevent the loss of any item on my plate I pull a small and sleek knife out of my jacket. Flicking it forward I pin his shirt sleeve against the wall. "Really Camilla? You're going to take off my hand one of these days." He says with an exasperated sigh. I snicker at his comment before joining him at the table. I may as well eat something and get some rest before I go back to hunting her down tomorrow.