Let the fun begin - Chapter 2.

"To be honest, I don't really know. I was walking through the hallways and I felt kind of dark but I didn't think much of it. So I just kept on walking and then all of a sudden I heard loud thumps, which I'm guessing were footsteps", I explained slowly and softly so the girls wouldn't here.

"Are you sure there wasn't anyone behind you? Because ever since your sister died you've been seeing and feeling things unusual and I worry for you man", he said – his voice etched with concern. I nodded my head slowly.

He was right though. It's been two years since Eva died, and she was too young - only 11. But ever since then I always had the feeling of being watched. I told my parents but they only said that it was Eva watching over me.

It didn't feel like her. She was so innocent and her presence was calming but this feeling... wasn't. It was dark and heavy and it overwhelmed me.

We continued walking in silence whilst the girls bickered in front of us until we reached the house. It was a double story house coated in a light beige colour. It was pretty fancy on the inside, but very cosy and had that warm feeling to it.

Tessa's dad was a doctor and her mum was a chef meaning I always had to try new food inventions every time I came over but I didn't mind. It was food after all.

"Okay so you guys want to set up the movie and I'll get the snacks", Tessa stated and walked off leaving us standing in the middle of her hallway. We immediately sprung into action knowing Tessa would get made if no one followed her request.

We walked into the movie room and fell onto the beanbags whilst trying to choose a movie to watch.

"Okay, we'll never find a movie like this", Hayley said while she was flipping through the 100's of movies on Netflix. "What genre does everyone want?" she asked.

"HORROR!" Tessa yelled from the kitchen where the sound of popcorn was being made. I tensed up, with everything happening lately I don't know if I was in the mood for more cryptic thoughts and suspenseful moments.

Hayley looked at us, searching our eyes for an answer. I shrugged my shoulders and Kian mimicked me. She turned back to the projector screen and went through the horror films.

Tessa came wobbling through the door with 4 bowls of popcorn, chocolate and chips stacked up high on her arms. I ran up chuckling at her and grabbed half of the items making it easier for her.

"Thanks", she said slightly out of breath. "So, what movie we watching?" Tess asked handing everyone his or her food.

"Chucky", Hayley said rubbing her hands together and chuckling to herself. Within seconds it went louder, and she began to cackle whilst rocking back and forth. The cackles got louder and weirder with each millisecond.

Scooting back to the wall, Tessa followed.

Kian however, oh poor Kian. He was trying to snap his girlfriend out of whatever she is doing. He snapped his fingers in front of her face and she stopped, looked at our expressions ad laughed. It was a deep laugh from the bottom of her stomach.

"Yo-your fac-faces!" she said between each laugh with tears pouring down her cheeks.

"Sorry guys, she does this sometimes", Kian said scratching the back of his neck.

"Lets just watch the movie", Tessa said trying to move on from the previous scenario. Nodding, I got up and turned off the light.

I heard rustling around and crunching of popcorn and the movie hadn't even started. I turned and looked behind me, could see their silhouettes from the lights of the screen

"Babe, stop eating – wait for the movie to start", Kian said to Hayley chuckling softly. Hayley turned and looked at him and shrugged her shoulders,

"I'll just eat yours", she said a smile evident in her voice. They had pushed their beanbag closer together and Hayley was leaning onto him. I was happy for my friends, they've been together for almost 3 years – ever since we were 14 – and nothing had changed.

I felt the beads of a beanbag moving beside me and turned to see Tessa pushing the beanbag beside mine. She looked at me, and even though it was dark it was obvious a crimson colour had taken over her tan skin.

"Sorry, I get scared easily", she explained. It was true, she does. One time it was late at night and we had just gotten back from dinner and Hayley sneezed. Tessa was so scared she jumped onto me thinking it was a demon trying to take over her body.

I smiled back, "It's okay Tessie", I said teasing her and flexing my muscles. "These babies will protect you". She whacked me across my arm and the movie began. I twitched nervously and wrapped my arm around Tessa pulling her close.

"So do I", I whispered to her.

"What?", she whispered back.

"I get scared too", I replied and turned back to the film.

Let the fun begin.

--------------------------------------------

Authors note: 

So this was basically a filler chapter while I continue to collect my ideas and thoughts. If you have any ideas or suggestions that you wish for me to incorporate into the story, feel free to message me and I would love to do so!!