Chapter Six

PROM NIGHT (Continuation)

Chris' POV

"Well this it" I thought as I put on my mask.

As I entered the hall, I saw some of my classmates dancing with their dates while a loud blasting music was playing

I kept on looking everywhere but I still haven't seen Cathy.

Why am I looking for her? She's not even my date and I know that Brandon asked her to be his date.

This was a bad idea, I should've stayed at home with grandma.

I sighed.

Well there's no turning back now, huh?

I looked for something to drink. Yeah, a soda on a prom.

While drinking at the corner of the hall, I heard some girls whispering something and I heard they mentioned Cathy's name. So when I looked in the direction they were looking, I saw the most beautiful girl in this evening. Yeah, I noticed her even with her mask on.

She's really pretty with her blue sparkling dress and her beautiful smile.

While I was staring at her, I saw Brandon and Travis looking at me.

I think they don't know it's me.

I looked on the other way and continued drinking my soda.

Cathy's POV

I look around the event hall and saw that many people are still dancing with the loud music that I don't even know.

"Cathy, come on let's dance!" Amanda said while pulling me to the dance floor.

"Maybe, later. I'm not really in the mood right now." I said.

"Awwww you're such a party pooper" Amanda pouted but smiled afterwards and went to the dance floor.

Suddenly, the music changed from loud music to slow, mellow music.

Oh, I know this song. I love this song.

When the music starts, the couples started to gather at the center and danced with their partners.

"Can I have this dance?" A guy suddenly approached me. I noticed he has a dirty blonde hair that was styled perfectly and he have a pair of hazel eyes underneath his mask. He seems familiar to me.

"Can I?" the guy asked again.

I must be staring at him too long that I forgot to answer him.

"Uh yeah, sure." I smiled at him.

"Do I know you?" I asked him while I am resting my arms on his shoulders while we are dancing to the music.

When I look into your eyes
It's like watching the night sky
Or a beautiful sunrise
Well, there's so much they hold

"Maybe." He smiled.

"Can I at least know your name?" I asked.

And just like them old stars
I see that you've come so far
To be right where you are
How old is your soul?

"I'm Chris" he said.

"Cathy" I smiled.

"So, why are you here dancing with me instead of your date?" I asked him.

Well, I won't give up on us
Even if the skies get rough
I'm giving you all my love
I'm still looking up

"Well....unfortunately I have no date" I looked away embarrassed.

"Really?"

"Yeah." He chuckled.

"Well, i'm really flattered that you picked me as your dance partner." I said.

He chuckled.

After that the music suddenly changed back into some electro music. And I felt someone tugging my arm.