•College•

Maya's P.O.V.
I woke up to my alarm beeping. I turned over in bed and saw Lucas, his hair messy and his sparkling green eyes closed, still sleeping. I smiled to myself. He's so perfect.

I got up quietly and sneaked into our small kitchen. I put a pot of coffee on the burner. As I stood up to check on it, someone grabbed my waist.

"Morin' beautiful." Lucas whispered in my ear, using his Texas accent. I smiled as he got a cup of coffee, and we sat at the table.

"How was your class yesterday?" He asked me, taking a sip of coffee. I giggled, as he was referring to the art class I teach after school.
"It was really great." I said.
"That's great! Well, I have to get ready for class." Lucas said. He got up, kissed me, and went into the bedroom to take a shower.

All of a sudden, I felt sick. I rushed to the bathroom, and before throwing up. It was the third time the week. As soon as I felt better, I walked into our bedroom.

I threw on black leggings and a gray sweater, covered in various shades of paint. "Goodbye, I love you!" I yelled to Lucas as I walked out the door. I was going to the store. I needed a pregnancy test.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
I walked into the store as I shook from the cold of New York, and the store wasn't any better.

I walked to the correct aisle, and picked up a box of pregnancy tests. This would determine my future. If it's positive, how would I tell Lucas? He didn't want kids until after college. I was so nervous.

I smiled shyly at the cashier as she scanned my item. She put it in a bag, as she probably understood me wanting to hide it. I drove home and went straight into the bathroom. Lucas was gone, so I would have to tell him whatever the result.

As I was waiting, I paced the room. I was about to be late for class. I picked up the test when it was ready, and I saw the result.

Positive.

My body felt numb as I slid down the door, tears pouring from my eyes. I was so scared. I had to tell someone.