Chapter 6

This is where things fell apart. I'm one of those people where if I feel like you're not trying I'll eventually separate myself from you. And that's what happened . We moved and he started to cling to me a little more . Once he started making friends , we stopped talking . I was starting to move my focus to other people so that was fine . He was now just my safety net. I could call him and dry my eyes out and he'd listen . I would deflect comfortable doing that now though . We would fall off , get back , and repeat and repeat and repeat ( okay I think you get it). Then he came to stay for the summer . I can't say "excited " was the feeling I got when I heard it was more " oh no you're gonna mess everything up because you'll leave and be okay and I'll be here and a mess" alright got it? So we were on FaceTime and we do this thing where we post "to be honest " pictures and like them while we're on the phone . Dumb right ? I know . So I give him a "basic one" " we've known each other for a long time , you're my best friend , " blah blah blah . So we get off the phone and I revive a paragraph oh man did my heart melt . He basically said I was the best girlfriend he had and he wanted to get back together . I said no. OF COURSE I SAID YES I "LOVED " THE KID. Okay so we dated for like maybe 8 hours lol not kidding . The next day he leaves his phone unlocked and steps away , his mom goes through his phone and decided he shouldn't have a girlfriend . I agree with her because he knows he can't stay here and I wouldn't want to put him through that. So we break up.