Hotels, Friends and Relaxation

"There yah go lady," the taxi man said as he pulled my luggage out of the trunk.

"Thanks," I mumbled while walking away.

I stopped dead in my tracks, admiring the colonial look of the hotel. It might look a tad rundown, but according to Google, it's one of the top in Wolverhampton. I reach out to open the entrance door when a man comes out from inside.

As soon as the door swings open, it comes into contact with my, now slightly deformed, forehead. I let out a quiet moan as I fall to the ground.

"Oh my god, are you alright?" The mans hands find their way to my arms as he helps me up.

Adding in a bit of sarcasm, I asked, "Are you blind or something?"

He crossed his arms, "Excuse me?"

"There is an exit door," I said flailing my arms in the correct direction.

He rolled his eyes and walked on, passing the exit door, "If you wern't blind, you'd be able to see the sign that reads, 'Use Entrance Door with Caution.'"

Still walking, with his back facing me, he threw his two fingers in the air, "Have a nice day, Mam."

Mumbling to myself, I rolled my eyes, "Great, this is the last thing I need, one stuck up, good for nothing guy that comes to this hotel."

Pushing all the problems aside, I make my way into the hotel lobby with a fake smile plastered on my face. I walk towards what looks to be the main desk, and prepare myself to deal with an overly depressed old fart who lives with 10 cats and only works 5 hours each day. I must be pretty smart, because believe me, that is exactly what I encountered. 

The clerk greeted me with a loud sigh and a scratchy voice, "How may I assist you?"

"Uh, yeah," I mumbled, not sure of what I should say, "Can I just get a one bed room?"

"How many nights?" he asked while taking my credit card.

I thought for a moment. Should I just do a week and see how everything turns out? I think that's what I'll do, "7 days please."

Without giving me a second look he handed me my credit  card, and soon following, my key. Since he ignored me, I did the same.

"Room 56," I read my key aloud and made my way down, what looks to be, the only hallway.

As I make my way into my room, and start getting my stuff unpacked, I start to wonder. Will I be able to recognize my dad? I've only ever seen in the pictures that I've kept. Will he like me? Will he like me... I wonder?

Suddenly, there was a slight knock on my door. I threw my newly folded tank onto the bed and rushed towards it swinging it open, I saw a cheery old lady, "How do you do Ms. Hamilton?"

"I'm good- How do you know my name?" I asked, very curious.

She gave me a sad smile, "Your father had a picture of you on his desk. He talked a lot about you."

"Does he really?" I started to smile.

"I can show you his things if you'd like?" She asked me.

"I would love that," I replied, following her out of my room.

As soon as we got to his "so called" office I noticed the boxes filling ceiling to floor. "What are all these boxes here for?"

"It's all your fathers things that we managed to pack up."

"Is he moving or something?" I asked, smiling at the picture from I just picked up.

When she didn't say anything I glanced in her direction,  seeing a few tears streaming down her cheeks.

"He passed away," she finally spoke up, "About a year ago."

.

.

.

Hello everybody!! Malarkey here. I know this chapter is short, but I wanted to introduce a conflict that Gemma has to go through! I hope you liked it!

FAN

VOTE

COMMENT

FAVOURITE