Chapter 10

"It has been years." The Huntress spoke in a hushed tone as she stepped infront of a large dome made of marble and stone, thin vines spread across the smooth surface.

"How fast time flies." she said with a smile as she approached the wooden doors at the center of the dome and placed her palm on it. "I still remember the day that everything changed..." she chuckled at the thought. "Although none can say whether it was for the best or the worse."

She then took a step back and circled the dome, her eyes wandering over to the niches on the walls, carved in the symbol of the guardians chosen to protect what they must hold dear the most.

Then stopped as her eyes landed on the niche on the wall with an intricate carving of a wave. As the symbol gave off a small but weak glow as a sign that a guardian had been chosen.

"How interesting..." she murmured. "Wonder what will happen..."

"I didn't expect you to come back here so soon." a voice spoke as it let out a chuckle. "Not after what you've done."

She quickly whipped her head, her eyes searching for the voice who had addressed her so plainly without considering what she could do in the situation presented.

"Who are you?!" she demanded as she as she quickly nocked an arrow on her bow. "Show yourself!" she ordered, as she slowly moved away from the wall, her body turned half-way in order to shoot whenever the direction demanded.

Her grip tightened on her bow as her body moved in tune with the movement of her eyes. 'He could just be anywhere.' she thought, keeping her senses clear of any distraction.

"Show yourself!" she demanded.

A chuckle came from somewhere. From her right. She pulled her arm back and let go as she watched with grim satisfaction as the arrow soared through the air to find its mark.

Thunk!

She heard the sound and she narrowed her eyes to try and see through the fog that was now starting to engulf the environment around her.

"What an aim." the voice complimented with a slight hint of mirth and mockery in his voice. "Wonder why you call yourself such.
"

'Calm down.' she told herself as she again nocked an arrow onto the bow. 'It's no good to lose yourself in a time like this.'

Her eyes narrowed as she scanned her surroundings, searching for the source of the voice. She loosened her grip on her bow as she shifted her position, the arrow still nocked on the string.

She took in a deep breath. It wouldn't do no her any good if she lose herself now.

"Where are you?" she demanded. "Show yourself or I would be forced to-"

"Force to what?" the voice asked, and she whipped her head to look at her left, it was where the voice had come from.

"I would be force to use any means at my disposal." she answered to distract the unknown person then let go. And watched with satisfaction as the arrow sailed through the air.

Thunk!

She groaned in frustration. It had hit a tree again.

"Miss me." the person taunted and let out a chuckle. "You know...why don't you change profession? It seems to me you lack the necessary qualities of people of your kind."

"You don't know who I am." she growled as she again notched an arrow and trained it at the source of the voice again. "You have no idea who you're messing with."

"I sure don't." the person answered. "But it is good to get to know different kinds of people other than what you aligned yourself with."

She didn't speak a but let the arrow loose. And didn't even move as it no doubt had hit a tree again. She then strapped the bow across her shoulder.