Chapter 2

Stun slapped me hard. A feeling of stupidity and  irrespect flowed violently through my body.

"Wh-why are you here?" I asked, my voice shaking. There are only two reasons a Dark Angel would be here. One, to take me to hell or two, to kill me then take me to hell. My body quivered with fear. He rolled his eyes and manifested a paper with some writing on it.

"Lets see, Caitlin, Caitlin, ahh here we go!" He yelped. Oh no. Well, this is where my life ends, I thought. Being the lead bad girl in school didn't exactly help me get into heaven but I thought I'd have enough time to change that when I was an adult! Ugh, stupid, lummox me. Should've listened to that religious stuff. Oh well.

"Come here please, Cait." He harped.

Still shaking, I floated over to him, my eyes glued to the floor. He laughed. "That's not the attitude of a dark angel, neither is it of a bad girl,"

My head slowly shot up at the comment. His eyes narrowed at me, then eased. "You think you'll be taken to hell to rot, don't you?"

He gave me a hard slap on the back. "Cait, you've been chosen for a Dark Angel,"

"I think you've the wrong girl," I said, my bad side pulling me to hold his muscular shoulder, and show him the way out.

"Nope, Caitlin Hummerbeth," he tapped the clipboard with the tip of the pen which I'd just noticed. He looked up expectantly "Yes?"

I nodded as a reply, and let a a rippled gasp escape my lungs. "Wait, I'm a Dark Angel?"

"Oh come on," he sighed.

A growing pain rose in my back. A need to scream sprung up in my injured body - but I couldn't. Something sprouted in my back.

"What's happening?!" I excmlaimed.

Eric let out a gasp. I quivered with fear. Almost at once the pain stopped. My arm was tickled by some sort of feather. As my head turned, the scrutiny boiling into me, my mouth fell open as I saw oone feather. And another. And another. In fact, when I looked at both shoulders, I had two grey wings with rainbow tipped feathers and golden flecks. I turned back to Eric, ready to stomp over there and smash his head to pieces until I realised that I was still recovering.

"Eric?" I called sweetly and calmly. "What happened to me?" I said with a sarcastic smile, but even Eric's face lost the glow and was also in shock.

"Come with me," he replied urgently. "I must bring you back to our kingdom."