the arrangement

The arrangement

Carrie POV

"WHAT?" I screamed at my dad zeus.

"You heard me I said you are betrothed to someone." he replied over the phone.

I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose.

"I know this comes as a shock to you. . ." he didn't get to finish.

"oh no getting a puppy for my birthday would be a shock. This this is a friggin catastrophe." I screamed. I wanted to be an internal maiden and this just screwed my chances.

"he will be over to pick you up after school." Zeus said as If I had not been screaming my head just a few seconds ago.

I sighed giving up because I knew there was no way I was getting out of this,"fine"

"great" he said, "his name is Carson by they way."

I went through the rest of the day as normally as I could.

Carson POV

Oh my gods. That was the only thing I could think of. I was getting married to someone I didn't know and I had to pick her up from school and take her to my family's private beach house with an indoor pool.

I was at the girl named Carrie's school and I was just sitting on the edge of my car wanting for the bell to ring.

'RIIIIIIINNNNNNGGGG' The bell went and a flood of students happy for summer came rushing out.

About five minutes later there were only last minute leavers coming out of the school.

That's when I saw Carrie. She was tall and slim for her age. She had Carmel hair with natural red and golden highlights in her hair. She was wearing a tank top and shorts that weren't super short so they were appropriate for school.

"hi," Carrie said,"you must be Carson."

Carrie POV

I walked out of school talking to my best friend Emma.

"You are so lucky getting married." Emma said.

"Don't tell me I have to remind you it's a FORCED ARRANGEMENT." I said.

"well but still it's cool." she replied.

I sighed and shook my head.

"Is that him over there?" Emma asked.

She pointing to a tall boy who was about 18(I am 17). He had muscles and a slight tan. He was only a little bit taller than me because I was 6 feet tall and he was about 6 foot 2. He was wearing guy shorts with a polo. He was sitting on the edge of his red convertible.

"maybe," I replied to Emma. "see you later may then I still be a maiden."

"hey," I said as I walked over to the boy,"you must be Carson."

"yep and you must be Carrie." Carson said.

I nodded my head.

"common let's go it takes about an hour to get to my parents beach house." he said.

I grumbled in my head and thought 'crap I forgot Zeus said I was going to his beach house CURSE YOU ZEUS' the sky rumbled. I just rolled my eyes at that.

After about thirty minutes of riding in silence Carson decided to break it.

"so what ya doin?" he asked.

I looked at him and bursted out laughing.

"what?" he asked.

"that .... Is ..... The ..... Best conversation ......starter you can think of?" I asked between laughs.