Chapter 1: The Note

"So~ Honey!"      Eren looked up, confused, trying to finish his meal.      

"What is it, mom?" He asked      

"Well, since your going to college in a few days we planned something." She took out a folded piece of paper and handed it to Eren.      

"What's this?" He asked grabbing the paper, looking at it as if it was some kind of new device.      

"Go open it." His dad said, taking a sip from his coffee cup.      

"Alright..." He opened the paper and he saw what was written there.                   

           Levi

 *** ***********

Number: 09********

"An... An address, What's this for?" Eren asked confused.      

"Since your going off to college at Sina, and Sina is a far place from here. I called a friend of mine who lives nearby and asked him if he could let you stay at his place for a while." His dad said while sipping his cup of coffee.      

"Wha-Wait a minute, don't I get a sa-" Eren got cut off.  

Ding! Dong!   

The doorbell rang.  

"Uh, I'll go get it..." Eren offered. He scurried down the hall seeing it was late at night, "Who would be here at this time?" He murmured to himself and opened the door and saw a blonde girlish looking boy.  

"A-Armin?!" Eren gasped.      

"Hey, Eren!" The blonde waved with a smile.      

"Aren't you going to study abroad?" Eren asked, hiding the piece of paper and shoving it inside his right back pocket.      

Armin let out a small laugh, "Well, there's a story to that."      

"A-Ah come in!" Eren stuttered, opening the door widely.      

Armin went in, and he took a deep breath, "I can't remember the last time I was here. Ahh the memories..." Eren just stared at Armin and sighed "You just came here a week ago..." Armin looked at Eren with a surprised expression, "Ehh, is that so."       

They walked through the hall, passing through the dinning room. "Ah, good evening mr. and mrs. Jaeger." Armin bowed, and the two parents stood up "Armin? Weren't you studying abroad?" Erens dad asked. Armin scratched the back of his head, "Well, I can explain that."      

"Well, there are problems in my family right now, so I wasn't able to go abroad. Also, I thought it would be nice to study here anyways."      

Eren cheered in sarcasm, "What a story!"       

Armin punched Eren in the arm, "Ouch..." Eren murmured. "Well, they are going to get mad at me if I told other people, anyways." Armin exclaimed.      

"I am going to SRM University in Sina, though." Armin added.      

Eren stood up, "Yes! My best friends going to the same university as me." He cheered.      

They were talking for quite a while now, as the time passed by it was pass 12:00 am. Grisha stood up checked his watch,   "Oh look at the time, Armin you should go home now and Eren go see Armin out and go back to your room."   

Eren stood up and sighed in disappointment, "Okay... Lets go Armin."   Armin stood up and also sighed, "Alright, good thing were neighbors." He smiled.       

"Bye! See you in a few days." Armin waved and walked towards the street in front.   He stopped and turned back, "See ya!" Armin waved once again.      

"See ya!" Eren waved back, watching Armin walk across the street.   He closed the door and sighed in excitement, Yes! At least there's someone I know going to the same college as me, he thought walking towards the stairs.      

As he was walking up the steps, he saw his mom "Oh, Eren," she called.   

 "Don't forget to pack up just in case okay." She added.      

"Sure, mom." He replied and ran to his room.              

12:15 am...      

Eren sighed to himself, looking at the pile of clothes in the side. "Ahh, I need to pack up a lot of stuff..."       

He went to the closet to find luggage for his things, once he found one, he placed it on the floor and started to organize his clothes by the messy pile over there.   

But his tiredness got to him, he was nearly half asleep packing his things but he couldn't take it anymore he was just too tired. He closed his bag, still leaving a pile of clothes beside it. I'll just continue tomorrow then, he thought walking towards his bed.      

Eren lied down on his bed, thinking of what his new college life was going to be. Will I be able to do what I want to do? Am I going to suck at this? Will I meet a bunch of new friends? He smiled until he remembered the piece of paper in his pocket. He shoved his hand into his back pocket, looking at the paper once again.      

Eren sighed, "Dammit, I forgot."   He turned to his right opening the paper once again.      

Who the heck is this 'Levi' guy? Eren thought to himself.      

Eren stuffed his face on a pillow and thought, Gah, I'm too tired to think...      

"I'll just talk about it in the mornin-" and he drifted off to a deep sleep.        

----

"Are you sure we should let Eren stay with Levi," Carla asked her husband, concerned.  

Grisha stood up, grabbing his cup and pouring some more coffee.  

"Yeah, it's fine." He replied.   "Even though he's..." Carla added but got cut off.  

Grisha sat down, sipping his cup. "Yeah, I guess it's fine well, he's fine with it."   

Carla sighed and stood up, grabbing the dirty plates on the table. "Well, if it's fine with you then it's fine with me."  

Beep. Beep.  

Carla noticed the ringing phone right next to her husband, "Who's that?"  

Grisha grabbed his phone, "I'll go check." He opened his phone and it said.    

Levi          

       I'll pick up Eren tomorrow morning.     

"Oh, It's Levi." Grisha said.  

"What did he say?" Carla asked.  

"He's going to pick up Eren tomorrow morning." He answered.  

"What!?" Carla said in shock, "why so soon?"  

"I don't know, he didn't say." Grisha said looking at the message.  

"Well then I need to go to sleep." Carla stood up, cleaning the kitchen as fast as she could.  

She set the plates aside and said, "You better sleep early this time, Grisha."   

"Yes, Honey." Grisha replied taking another sip.  

She kissed her husband good night and went upstairs.