Chapter Two

^ Wild Things - Alessia Cara ^

. (Edited) .

Chapter two - The Cliques

(Pic of Alani)

Alani's POV

Today was my first day at my new school, Rock Island High.

My father had decided to move me last year after teachers stayed to notice my bruises, despite my best efforts to cover them up. I had no friends to mass, nor any to miss me, and I way fine with it.

At least, that's what I've always told myself.

I was always in the shadows. Permanently sitting in the rarest row back can do that to you, turn you invisible. Even to the other invisible kids.

Which might have been why it took them three years to notice my strange behavior and purple complexion.

But, hey, who's judging?

Certainly not the ghost girl.

As I walked in the doors of hell in its upmost form, I was greeted with a familiar, and not at all liked, sight.

Cliques.

There was the disproportionally ripped jocks flirting with the underdressed cheerleaders, who's skin tones match those of an orange, thanks to foundation more expensive than all my clothes combined.

Skaters with exceptionally conceited mentalities were sitting on the cement stairs, surveying all the obviously genius nerds from a distance.

And then there was them, the outcasts. Doing absolutely nothing, unless you count sitting around a Jeep smoking cigarettes as being productive.

They weren't like the normal freaks, no crazy piercings, neon hair, or even any common leather jacketed studs. No, they looked...normal. Normal, and very good looking.

I mean, damn.

And that has a possibility of being an understatement.

There was five of them, like the typical band of guys. Blondes and brunettes dominated the group, except for a special head of jet black, which I noticed almost immediately.

Asher.

And then one of them met my stare with his own.