Adrian (II)

1.17 pm. I sit in my St. Eoins G.A.A shorts, watching Dirty Dancing for the third time this morning. I watch Patrick Swazey as Johnny, and the way he moves, his every turn is bold, confident, cool. I find myself skipping to the part of the film where Johnny and Baby perform "Time of My Life" and I watch the scene repeatedly, and intently. I pause the movie after the dance ends and I open my laptop and click into YouTube for the dance routine, my fingers tapping in "'Time of My Life'-Dirty Dancing choreography" on the keyboard.
I click on the first video that comes up, but the quality isn't all that great, so I can't see it. I move on to the next video. This time, the quality is great, and the dance is explained; step-by-step by a tanned, brunette girl with an English accent.
She takes me through flicks, turns, jumps, twists, lifts, the whole shebang, and by four o' clock that afternoon, all I need is a partner.

I sit down and grab my phone. Typing in the password, I send a text message to Zoë: hey Zoë  :) I was just wondering if you're free on Monday afternoon to start rehearsing?  -Adrian

I stretch my arms up above my head and wait for a reply. Sure enough, about six minutes later, my phone buzzes with a text from Zoë: hi Adrian, Monday sounds great :p how's 4.15? 
A small smile creeps onto my face, and I find myself typing: perfect, see you then, gorgeous ;)  I then wonder if it's too much, but eventually I just send it.

God, I can't wait for Monday.... never thought I'd say that!