Chapter Two

When the doctors finally let my dad see me, he cried. He cried tears of joy, and tears of regret. He regretted all the mistakes he had made in life. My dad had always been hard on himself, he always blamed everything on himself. Especially this.

My dad picked me up and held me close to his chest and sat back in the chair. We just sat their for hours. As the nurse came in later that night...

"Have you thought of a name yet?" the nurse asked

"My wife and I had never decide.." My father teared up

"But I think I will name her Hope, Hope Elizabeth Moore, because all I did while I waited was hope, and all I will ever do is hope that I don't mess anything else up." my dad said softly.

My grandparents met me at some point that night but I never was never told much about how that went. I have herd so much about that night but not all of it is clear to me yet... I'm not sure it will ever be clear to me.

I will never get to meet my mom but I will always wonder about her, and think about her. She will always be an inspiration to me. My dad will always have a rough road ahead, and I will always try to make it easy for him.

My life until I was three.. was much easier until my third birthday... and that is when things went down hill.