Chapter Sixteen

"Ariana! Wake up! Please, wake up!" Leo called.

"Wait a second, I think I know how to wake her up." Percy said to Leo, then to Ariana. "Spiders. Big, giant, hairy spiders." She bolted awake and then cringed as her wrist throbbed and her head spun.

"See?" He told Leo. "I did that on Annabeth once and it worked, I thought it might work again. It did."

"Okay, okay. Go off and be smug." Leo went over to Ariana. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, what happened after I passed out?" She asked him.

"We brought you to the ship, gave you ambrosia and nectar, and viola! Here you are!"

She laughed. "Colton?" She asked hopefully and fearfully.

"Not dead. We saw him escape." Ariana didn't know weather to be relieved or disappointed. She didn't want to kill him, but he was a danger to her family and friends. Leo continued.

"I know you have mixed feelings about that, but if you get the chance to kill him, you have to do it. He's a danger to us all."

Ariana started to cry. For a long time, she just leaned into Leo. She was crying for her family, her friends, her lost life. But most of all, because she had let everyone down. She should have killed Colton. She should have given him what he deserved. He wouldn't have hesitated to kill her or any of her friends.

"I-I'm so sorry, Leo. I let you guys down. I-I tried to kill him. I really did. I just couldn't. He used to be my friend. W-we would play together. As I looked at him, that was all I could remember. I let you guys down. I let you all down." Ariana chocked out. "Then I almost died, and then almost killed you in the process. H-how could I? H-how could I?"

She kept sobbing into his shoulder.

"If it makes you feel better, the same thing happened to me." Annabeth entered the room. "You remember about the Titans?" Annabeth sat down. "Luke, the leader, was my best friend. He took me in. Then I had to fight him, and he died. I couldn't have killed him if I had the chance. It's okay. Don't worry."

"Ariana." Leo was comforting her now. "It's okay. We know how you feel. I don't have any emotional backstory like Annabeth, but I understand. It's hard for you. We'll be there for you. You just need to be prepared that one of us will have to kill Colton."

"Way to make her feel better." Annabeth muttered under her breath.

"No it's okay." Ariana wiped some of her tears off. "I need to be prepared. You know, you guys are the best. You really are. I want to go home, but I'm incredibly happy I'm here. I wouldn't have traded it. Until I get my family back, you guys are my family. And next time I get the chance, I swear I will kill Chrysaor. It's not Colton. It's Chrysaor. Colton is dead."

Ariana smiled. "Now, let's go kick some booty!"

________________________________

Okay, sorry for the really short chapter. It's sorta a filler.

HOUSE OF HADES IS OUT!!! I loved it! I had, like, a house of hades marathon and read it all in one day. I set my own record!

Shout-out time!!!

First to the people that commented. Thanks so much for giving me your opinion. It really matters, and that's the only way I'm going to get better.

songbird112- for commenting almost all the time, she's given me a lot of really great feed back.

woahtherebabe- for alerting me to the fact that I'm going way to fast, but woahtherebabe said it much nicer than that.

snowball8080- for always saying how great it is, even if she sorta has to or I'd kick her butt. jk Kris!

beachbum1937- for always commenting and telling me that I'm an amazing writer. Love you!

Now my voters! I might not get you all, because the only way I know who votes is by looking very closely on my news board.