Alone with a Heart

A/N: Yes I'm starting this story with a chapter named after the song Jefferson played. 😏😋

Mark Jefferson's POV

She looked so innocent, just sitting in her desk. She made feel like I wasn't myself....

I was teaching my students about photography and Alfred Hitchcock.

I was observing Max Caulfield, my favorite student, sitting and listening. She keeps looking at me like she's so inspired by my lecture. I stared at her for a few seconds then smirked. That struck a nerve...

She fell asleep on her desk which made me chuckle. I had no choice but to wait for her to wake up, and to listen to spoiled-slut Victoria Chase's "flirty" voice. She actually thinks she can make me fall for her. Whore.

Victoria raised her hands then answered my questions. It started to annoy me but then, the bell rang. Everyone got up of their desks, packed their things, except Max. She was still asleep. I decided to walk towards her then wake her up.

"Maxine?"

She slowly lifted her head up then she rubbed her eyes.

"H-hey, Mr. Jefferson..." She looked around then noticed that the two of us were the only one in the room. "Oh crap! I'm sorry I feel asleep..."

I chuckled then smiled at her. "It's fine, Maxine."

"Oh, it's Max, Mr. Jefferson—"

"I'd like to call you Maxine from now on." I smirked, I bent over in front of her desk, so our faces were close to each other.

Max blushed as she saw me smirk, which made me feel better. Her cheeks were damn perfect. Perfect for an innocent student like her.

"I was wondering if... I could go now, Mr. Jefferson?"

"Not without a gift, Maxine. A gift from a man who's alone with a heart." I said softly, then I pressed my lips against hers. I kissed her passionately. After a few seconds, she finally responded to the kiss.

I pulled away slowly then smiled at her.

"M-Mr. Jefferson, I—..."

I smiled at her. "I love you too, Maxine."

She sighed then smiled. "You truly are alone with a heart. But not anymore, Mr. Jefferson."

I smiled faintly at her. She packed her things, walked out of my classroom happily.