The Smallest Curve

It had been three days since that unfortunate Saturday, still she wasn't over it. In her alone moments, she kept on thinking about him. He hadn't called her. Not once. Not a single time. She was not a lovesick one. Not a vulnerable girl raised on promises. But one of mortal weaknesses is expectation. Without any prior commitment from him, she began dreaming of her own fairy tale. Of stolen kisses and touch.. Yes, nothing can replace human touch. A single spark leads to more carvings.
He, he and he. All he was in her mind. A tale of broken promise.
At least, he had to call.
At least, a sorry.
At least......
N

o.. It has to stop. He can't influence my mind so much.
But still thinking about him, she headed towards her workplace. On her chair, in her authority, in perfect icy demeanour.. The first thing she did was.. Yes you guessed it right..
She deleted his number.. Removed from WhatsApp contact list.. Erased call history.. Not a single tear dropped this time. She was not famous as ice Princess for nothing.
Now, removed. Deleted from my life. Mr stark you had enough. You hurt me twice, now it's my turn.
The mails arrived then with the newspapers. She was checking her mails, three big days of absence.. A lot of unfinished works, many unattended things. Suddenly something distracted her.. It was him.
Face, so brightly lit with that million dollar smile, so perfectly attired, him. The great Chris Stark.. Perfect timer of the game, one of the most successful soccer player of present times. One of the key players in English football team and hope of Manchester. Face so angular that could give most of the Hollywood actors a run for their money. His fans literally worshipped him. And he loved it. Every inch of it.
She gazed at the newspaper properly. Of course, a new announcement. She started reading. A renewed contract. A raised package. Some formalities.. Newspaper dated that Saturday.

So there he was.

Meetings like these were not planned at last moments. He had known it already.

Chris stark.. I just deleted you and you reappeared.

That was the day, all of the sports management team and players were there. She was late, she hates being late, but she was late. Days like that one were not once in a lifetime type but still count on once in a year. She parked,, no crushed her car against the wall. All in hurry, pacing towards her team, she collapsed in him. In his arms. All files scattered, her cell phone dropped, her hairs brushing against his shirt. He was awe struck. Spell bound. All he saw was her black hairs and red lips. After some more moments, after the separation.. Nothing was same.

That doomed day.

Once a player, always a player.

It hurt more. He didn't called to share the news. She was getting it through the paper. Wow, a true sportsmanship. Philanderer, he was.

It was that much casual. All that six months, all that promises, all the memories. I mean nothing to him.

Not a single tear dropped.

It seemed that, that Saturday night absorbed all the pain from her. A single tear dried her lacrimal glands.. No more tears to shed.

She threw the newspaper away and relaxed her head on her leather seat.

After some moments, she was on her feet, collecting the paper from the ground and placing it on the nearest side table.

He doesn't deserve a single emotion from my side and anger is also a form of emotion.

I have to reply the mails.

So much work is lagging. Have to get them started.

I can't let him devastate my mind from some air-conditioned hotel room.

I can't afford to be weak

I can't let the world to see my vulnerability.

But I can't concentrate on anything else.

I just can't.

Staring into her eyes, holding her hands, exploring her body. He was so into her. Drunken in her charm. Appreciation in his every gaze, hunger in every stare. He wanted her. So badly.

When it went so wrong??
Why??
When??

Remembering the day when he told her that every inch of her is breathtaking but the most desirable one is the smallest curve of her lips and then they kissed.

She touched her lips. Staring her reflection in the king size mirror, the biggest proof of her self obsession, placed in her private chamber, she tried to create the magic of her smallest curve once again.

But....

Smashed...

Not a single tear dropped...