Chapter 2

Marinette entered the room and curiously glanced at her fellow classmates. She only knew a few of the people in the room. Max, Juleka, and Sabrina. The rest were students she'd never seen before.

She noticed Max was sitting in the front row. So was Juleka. That was something Marinette didn't see everyday.

"Marinette, was it?" the teacher spoke up.

She glanced to her right and saw the short, blonde haired woman in a pantsuit. "Yes?"

"You sit in the back row," the teacher nodded.

"Okay, thanks," Marinette smiled, wondering how the teacher already knew her name.

She walked up the steps and slipped into the very last desk. Her desk buddy hadn't arrived yet. Who could it be? Alya wasn't in her first class and she didn't know about Nino or-

Adrien walked into the class. He waved to Max and Juleka with a smile. Then, he approached the blonde teacher who's eyes lit up.

"Adrien Agreste?" the teacher spoke in disbelief. "The son of Gabriel Agreste?"

"Yes?" Adrien laughed awkwardly.

"Oh! It's such a pleasure to meet you." She shook his hand excitedly. "This pantsuit I'm wearing is from your fathers' collection. I love it!"

"That's awesome," Adrien chuckled, scratching the back of his head.

"Ya know what," the teacher said, scribbling something down on a piece of paper. "Go ahead and choose your own seat."

Adrien's eyes flickered to Marinette, sending her heart racing. Then he focused back on the teacher. "Really?" he asked.

"Of course! Be my guest."

"Thank you," Adrien smiled. He began walking up the steps in the direction of Marinette and she thought she was going to faint.

He was going to sit by her?!

Adrien stopped in front of her desk and raised an eyebrow, a soft smile playing on his lips. "Is this seat taken?" he asked innocently.

Marinette couldn't find the words to speak. She was so surprised. "N-No," she managed to choke out.

Adrien sat his bag down and then plopped onto the seat next to Marinette. She widened her eyes as his lovely cologne splashed her face.

"I hope you don't mind," Adrien whispered as the teacher began talking.

"Not at all," Marinette replied with an awkward smile.

"Hello class!" the teacher announced. "I am Mrs. Roche, and I will be your English teacher. This class is all about the development..."

Marinette tuned out the teacher as her eyes flickered to Adrien who was watching Mrs. Roche intently. Her heart fluttered. Could she manage sitting by Adrien without getting distracted? Luckily, it was only the first day so she could distract herself without missing anything important-

"Ms. Dupain-Cheng!" Mrs. Roche exclaimed loudly. Marinette snapped out of her trance abruptly, looking up at Mrs. Roche. "What did I just say?"

"Uh," Marinette mumbled, scanning the eyes of her classmates. They watched her curiously. "You were saying that, uh..."

"Is Mr. Agreste going to be a distraction for you?" Mrs. Roche snapped angrily. "Because I can move him somewhere else."