Chapter 2

*beep*
*beep*
*beep*

The beeping noise is slowly driving Sherlock mad.

"John? What is that awful noise?!"

Sherlock opens his eyes and then freezes. He is lying on John Watson, well, his head is. He let's his eyes travel up John until they meet his face. A mask is on his face, he's breathing but Sherlock deduces he is in a bad state. He tries to figure out why he and John are in a hospital. He goes to his mind palace.

As he does so he clutches his ears. A sudden screaming in his head. It sounds like John's voice screaming for him. He quickly exits his mind palace and shakes his head. He forgot about.. The event. He almost killed John, he shouldn't have left him alone. He should have stayed with him.

He sighs, running his hands through his hair. At least he's safe now.

"Ah you're awake!"

A shrill annoying voice from the door says. He looks angrily in the direction of it. Molly Hooper. Of course. He curses under his breath.

"Yes. Seems I am. Good work"
"Well, you were sleeping here so I left you here"

Molly trailed off, seeing Sherlock's unamused expression.

"How nice. Now, how long have I been here?"
"All night!"
"I see. So I fell asleep on John?"
"Well, you cried a lot when you got here, they said you had a panic attack. Then you waited, then they said he was in a coma and you said you weren't going to leave him"

Sherlock wondered why he had a thing called a 'panic attack' sure he knew what they were but he didn't know he was capable of having one.

Wait..

"A coma?"

A coma. They were serious. Most people didn't wake up from them. He felt something in his chest, it could be guilt. It could be sadness. He had no idea, he was a sociopath after all.

"Sherlock? Can you hear me?"

Sherlock awoke on the floor surrounded by nurses.

"Oh for God sakes what happened now?!"

Sherlock angrily yelled staring at the crowd of people.

"Another panic attack.."

He tried to stand but felt the world spinning. He said he was fine, and sat down on the chair next to John.

"Time for the next ca-"
"No. I'm staying right here.."
"Y-you can't.."
"I can and I will Molly"
"Sherlock.."
"Leave"

Molly left in a hurry. Sherlock looked at John's sleeping face. It was all his fault. If he hadn't left he wouldn't have been shot.

All my fault.

John. He could have died.. All my fault.

All my fault