Madeleine

I sang a song to Madeleine

She was so afraid that night. Each tear falling down Madeleine's face was a heartbreak to me. She'd lost so much, and I couldn't fix everything on her world with just words. She shut down, her silence was so loud, and I felt like all the lights in the house were turning off. She said she's safe, she covered all windows with red curtains to suppress the dark night outside. But still I promissed her golden fields ahead.

Hold on, Madeleine.

She took her old thrashed little notebook to the bridge with us that day. She means the world to me, and I'd fight endlessly to bring back Madeleine's smile someone wiped away. That was our bridge, she said. And she wrote about every smile, cry, lost, and joy that passed us by while we're watching the ships come and go. "I'll put it in a movie", she said with a smile. I'd laugh and said she'd be a movie star. That was a smile I'd never forget, and I'd give up life just to see it again.

Don't let go, Madeleine.

Summer's her favorite season. She liked to feel the sunrays touching her skin as it came up, she liked to play with dandelion's flying petals . That summer I kissed Madeleine. I loved her, unconditionally. I trusted her, she'd breathe again. She'd bring back her dignity. She'd rise up again.

So rise up, Madeleine.